British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Wroclaw GP`s 1 and 2 Friday and Saturday 28th and 29th August

1 minute ago, bigcatdiary said:

Isn’t that the truth, whoever thought this was a better system than the previous one wants sacking.

When it's the ones at the top to blame in BSI and FIM... who does the sacking ?

Edited by Grand Central

Sick of the moaning about the scoring.  

The riders know the rules.  Get over it.  The meeting was great, what more do you want. FFS. 

• Like 1

Just now, Shockster said:

Sick of the moaning about the scoring.  

The riders know the rules.  Get over it.  The meeting was great, what more do you want. FFS. 

Boo hoo.

• Haha 1

Good meeting definitely but why do the pillocks who run our great sport make it look like it's run by Walt Disney lol

• Like 1

Did they use Ofqual to put the new scoring system together..?;)

• Haha 3

According to my score chart, with apologies for any errors in advance, the differences between the two different scoring systems were:

Lindgren +6, Woffinden +2, Zagar +2, Janowski +1, Chugunov +1, Doyle +1

Vaculik -2, Madsen -1, Sayfutdinov -1, Michelsen -1

The rest get the same under either system. Didn’t even try to work out positions 5 to 13, just took them off the GP website. Certainly gives you some homework to do after the meeting. Another vote for the old system.

Laguta thoroughly deserved that, good to see a new winner.

Edited by Tactical Joker

1 minute ago, r8gdp said:

Good meeting definitely but why do the pillocks who run our great sport make it look like it's run by Walt Disney lol

Don’t compare. Disney is a very well run company!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good one I like your style 

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

Don’t compare. Disney is a very well run company!

Scoring system a joke!!! Who finished 5th ? Biggest winner Lindgren plus 6. Should be 10 pts back but only 4 away from Laguta. 3 riders scored 5 pts. Who gets the most `silly system` points. Nothing explained on tv. Even the on screen scorers had Madsen down as 16th!!! SGP have had an extra 3 months to sort out & no one knows. Tatum & Pearson don`t know & just laugh about it. For the fan watching for the first time this system is a shambles & so confusing. Mark my words there will be a big accident in one of these semi-finals with riders go for gaps that are not there. Lindgren was lucky with his move into turn 3. That`s why they changed the system in the past because too many riders were getting injured. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I think the guy who wins the GP gets the most points isn't awful. To my knowledge that's the same basic scoring system to determine the winner in pretty much every other sport in the world.

Also and most importantly, its the SAME FOR ALL THE RIDERS so it can be an advantage or disadvantage for any of them in any meeting. But the same rules (which they are all aware of) apply for all 16 of them....

• Sad 2

You don’t really have to race for a lot or their points though slow and steady wins the race.Lindgren got a shed load of points for finishing 2nd and 3rd when it mattered.Still the racing was Ok to watch.

7 minutes ago, RPNY said:

I think the guy who wins the GP gets the most points isn't awful. To my knowledge that's the same basic scoring system to determine the winner in pretty much every other sport in the world.

On the contrary, in F2, points are awarded in EACH race - in the feature race on the Saturday and the sprint race on Sunday.  In the British Touring Car series, if there's three races, points are awarded for each of them.  Same in virtually every motorsport discipline - points are awarded in every race.  Speedway has now gone out on a limb.

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, RPNY said:

Do these other sports have various rounds for the one meeting ? I. e different heats where all the points are then over ridden ? Or is it just like F1 one race and so the winner is the winner. They don’t have carious heats then a semi and a final in F1, so no comparison. I am interested which sports you are talking about

• Like 2