British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Wroclaw GP`s 1 and 2 Friday and Saturday 28th and 29th August

12 minutes ago, iainb said:

What seems to have escaped everybody's attention is the quali system for the semis? Can anybody explain it to me?

Semi 1: 1st, 5th, 6th, 7th

Semi 2: 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 8th

So for the 4 losing semi finalists

Semi 1: 3rd = 11pts, 4th = 10pts

Semi 2: 3rd = 12pts, 4th = 9pts

Confused!?!

He'll probably remind you of KK tonight though :lol:

Made me feel sick that did... also, and it's a real bug bear of mine and has been the same for ever... when you're actually at a Speedway meeting, remember those days, after a rider won an event or race, did you fix your gaze on the guy waving the flag? No? Perhaps you started looking around the crowd for somebody that was waving a flag of the nation of the victor? No? Maybe you stopped looking at what was going on in a rush to fill your programme in? No? Maybe just maybe you were looking at what was going on, on the track!!! Arrrrggghhh!

A great GP last night after all of the dross served up so far in the Ekstraliga and great to have 2 commentators who inject some excitement and enthusiasm into proceedings, Didn't think the crowd was anywhere near 50% capacity and one thing I thought was noticeable by their absence were the start girls, was this down to pc reasons?

Boy you are confused

SF 1 1,4,6,7

SF 2 2,3,5,8

All placings after 20 heats - if equal points it`s  done by 1st, 2nd`s 3rd`s and 4th`s - if that can`t split them it`s who beat who.

The 3rd`s in the semi`s get 12 and 11 GP points- who finished higher after 20 heats gets 12

The 4th`s in the semi`s get 10 and 9 GP points and who finished higher after 20 heats gets 10.

Edited by racers and royals
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Boy you are confused

SF 1 1,4,6,7

SF 2 2,3,5,8

All placings after 20 heats - if equal points are done by 1st, 2nd`s 3rd`s and 4th`s - if that can`t split them it`s who beat who.

The 3rd`s in the semi`s get 12 and 11 GP points- who finished higher after 20 heats gets 12

The 4th`s in the semi`s get 10 and 9 GP points and who finished higher after 20 heats gets 10.

Sounds like a mutant algorithm... Perfectly simple really :rofl:

Edited by iainb

12 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

THE last race of the meeting should always determine the winner. Gary Havelock won his World title in Heat 17 ... the last three races were pointless.

After several different systems over the years, the most recent prior to tonight worked just fine. 

yes agree except the rider who finished 4 in the final only got the same as the semi -final riders which was the only thing that needed to be changed ?

1 minute ago, iainb said:

Perfectly simple really :rofl:

It is- it took me all of 2 minutes after heat 20 to do placings 9 to 16- incidentally Zagar`s last beat Chugunov`s tape exclusion- that`s why Zagar got 8 and Chugunov 7

7 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

It is- it took me all of 2 minutes after heat 20 to do placings 9 to 16- incidentally Zagar`s last beat Chugunov`s tape exclusion- that`s why Zagar got 8 and Chugunov 7

So, does a last place beat an ef while leading?

Just now, racers and royals said:

I watch the GP's to try and relax... not as a brain trainer lol

So the points you score in the qualifiers determine how many GP points you get in the Semi's, positions 5th to 8th... but not in the Final 1st to 4th

I'll watch tonight's with an Excel spreadsheet open on my laptop :drink:

with different race order tonight the meeting could be a  completely different outcome 

1 minute ago, iainb said:

I watch the GP's to try and relax... not as a brain trainer lol

So the points you score in the qualifiers determine how many GP points you get in the Semi's, positions 5th to 8th... but not in the Final 1st to 4th

I'll watch tonight's with an Excel spreadsheet open on my laptop :drink:

It also determines what order you get to pick in the semi`s

• Like 1

Now that I do understand!

6 minutes ago, Grachan said:

How has that changed? The final block of races are just as significant to the semis now as they were last year.

The main problem last night was that 7 riders were streets ahead of the others so most of the qualifiers were obvious after 4 races apiece.

Because the points scored in the heats for those who do qualify for the semis are not counting towards the championship anymore. Getting through by a whisker or by a margin doesn't matter. Dropped points will seem to matter less ... Just get through.

Qualify for the semis and you can then your final score is decided on just the next one or two races regardless of your score before, be it 7 or 15.

It changes everythIng . As you will see in the meetings to come as the riders get clued up.

4 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

True, but quite a few riders seem to be fairly clueless about gate choices anyway.

Do they really go chasing points in the heats with the mental processes working on their ability to choose gates so much later. I think championship points are a better incentive, surely.

1 minute ago, Grand Central said:

True, but quite a few riders seem to be fairly clueless about gate choices anyway.

Do they really go chasing points in the heats with the mental processes working on their ability to choose gates so much later. I think championship points are a better incentive, surely.

The incentive starts with the pick order which then can carry on to better Championship points.

The incentive starts with the pick order which then can carry on to better Championship points.

I get what you're saying but I just don't think it comes close to banking championship points in every race. For the riders. Or for the spectator.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, tellboy said:

Don't know if you have realised what is happening in the world at the moment,but that has impacted on how many people are allowed into stadiums at the moment.

tickets were still on sale yesterday, they haven't sold the reduced amount.