British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Wroclaw GP`s 1 and 2 Friday and Saturday 28th and 29th August

2 hours ago, chunky said:

We used t' dream o' livin' in lake!

You were lucky.  "Two really good meetings, and be honest when was the last time we had a GP as good as we have witnessed this weekend", I thought Friday was a tad better, but that is being picky.    Way before my time I've read / heard from several souces that Booey was smooth as around t'Shay and was a sight to behold; 10 years with a 10 point average you know....

5 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

BT need to junk the studio. Utterly boring niceties. I like Scott but just think the two of them spend their time blowing smoke up each other’s arses.

I know lots of people dislike him for some reason (maybe because they can't understand the accent) but I'd love Havvy in there to give some opposite opinions.

5 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Magic is class and superbly smooth on the bike,deserved the win tonight.Laguta is fast but lacks bike skills required when having to make quick decisions on the track when trailing. He is a big spoiler though in the Championship.

Am I the only one who thinks Magic is a complete GT that looks just as confused as Laguta when chasing? 

How many times do you see him fumble it and almost run over a back wheel before working out a passing line?

Excellent racing over the 2 nights. You can’t beat speedway go racing, the guys are giving it 110% and have done over the last few years. It’s very intense. They must have strong minds to keep doing what they doing at this high level.

Could there be a B final for the beaten semi finalists to then race for 9.10.11. &12 points 

What I would like to see is the full result, quickly, at the end of the meeting, both for the meeting and cumulative with previous meetings.

Should not be hard to do. Whilst the last 3 races (2 semi and final) are taking place positions 9-16 can be determind, at the end of both semis position 5-8 determined, and the easy ones are position 1-4 right at the end of the final.  Within 5 minutes all this can be checked and added to previous rounds.  

13 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

BT need to junk the studio. Utterly boring niceties. I like Scott but just think the two of them spend their time blowing smoke up each other’s arses.

Wait till it's on eurosport then you will have something to moan about

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, HenryW said:

I know lots of people dislike him for some reason (maybe because they can't understand the accent) but I'd love Havvy in there to give some opposite opinions.

Am I the only one who thinks Magic is a complete GT that looks just as confused as Laguta when chasing? 

How many times do you see him fumble it and almost run over a back wheel before working out a passing line?

It’s just opinions ,Tai wasn’t looking to clever trying to pass the opposition last night IMO.I think it is the high level of completion making it difficult.

Edited by Fromafar

Two nights of Speedway out of the top drawer.

Personally I like the studio intersection and Scottie’s insight , only slight concern is the cameraman lost the racers at times but excellent entertainment .:)

15 hours ago, chunky said:

As I said, I don't like it, but I agree 100%.

Neither do their times and performances in the qualifying rounds count either. And nobody bitches about that...

Reading this forum, it's like people claim to be speedway fans, yet are constantly looking for reasons NOT to be.

The athletics comparison can be compared to the old knock out style of GP, the way it is run now is a series of races within a series of GP's with knock out style points being awarded, it just doesn't make sense to me

12 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Even the Speedway GP website has given Vaculik 4 points and Zagar 3 tonight when it should be the other way around !!!

They got the positioning wrong after the 20 heats again! Vaculik and Zagar the wrong way around

https://www.speedwaygp.com/results/206

35 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

What I would like to see is the full result, quickly, at the end of the meeting, both for the meeting and cumulative with previous meetings.

Not a chance... unless racers and royals is there :lol:

23 hours ago, Grand Central said:

True, but quite a few riders seem to be fairly clueless about gate choices anyway.

Do they really go chasing points in the heats with the mental processes working on their ability to choose gates so much later. I think championship points are a better incentive, surely.

As this years competition is slightly different and certain gates at all tracks seem to have an advantage, why not for the next 3 rounds have a draw for day 1. After day 1 meeting finished whoever finished 16th has 1st choice of riding position for the following day, working your way upto the winner who has last choice.

Can Lindback be ditched and put Glen Chugunov in. Chug is currently placed 7th.

Got to admit, I was hoping Madsen and Vaculik would be up there this year, with Madsen winning. Both looking shadows of last year. 

10 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Got to admit, I was hoping Madsen and Vaculik would be up there this year, with Madsen winning. Both looking shadows of last year. 

Me too as I had Vaculik as an e/w bet... but it's early days yet and with these double headers on the same track, as expected the Wroclaw riders dominated over the last 2 nights, you can expect Zmarlik to dominate at Gorzow as he's pretty much unbeatable round there. Laguta is the outlier, I'm not saying he will blow up, but history shows he's as capable of having 5 duff rides as he is 5 great rides and I'm not convinced he has what it takes to keep this form up, especially if his engine goes pop

Edited by iainb

3 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Can Lindback be ditched and put Glen Chugunov in. Chug is currently placed 7th.

Yes I thought Vaculik would be pushing for top three or four this year, early days I suppose but the front runners seem to be Magic , Laguta, Tai and Zmarzlik also Lindgren manages to come up with the goods when it matters! 

I would be happy to see Laguna in the bottom six - that’s where his talent really lies.... apart from his great gating.

i used to class Madsen as a pure gater, but last year I changed my mind. He’s a good racer that can gate well sometimes.

Edited by OveFundinFan