British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Wroclaw GP`s 1 and 2 Friday and Saturday 28th and 29th August

No start line girls, is this the way forward for the GP's ? Polish league speedway still using them.

14 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Can Lindback be ditched and put Glen Chugunov in. Chug is currently placed 7th.

Got to admit, I was hoping Madsen and Vaculik would be up there this year, with Madsen winning. Both looking shadows of last year. 

Definately think Madsen’s back problems are hindering him this season doesn’t look as comfortable or confident so far this season.

2 minutes ago, iand said:

No start line girls, is this the way forward for the GP's ? Polish league speedway still using them.

I mentioned earlier that they're noticeable by their absence... I'm not sure I'm comfortable with them being there, especially during the Polish coverage where upskirting still seems to be acceptable, but the track does look a bit empty as we've become used to them over the years

16 hours ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

Anlas tires are softer than Mitas. 

But FIM are reluctant to ban the Anlas tires due to their sponsorship. The FIM want to test the tires in a laboratory which could take 2-3 months.

Zmarzlik and other riders are very unhappy as they cannot use Anlas tires due to sponsorship. Anlas tires have also been sold out because Wroclaw's team have bought them all up.

The tyre is hologated so shouldnt need testing unless the FIM think the compound has been changed. As for a rider tied into another manufacturer. Tough either get on with it or break your contract and use the other tyre

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OveFundinFan said:

Can Lindback be ditched and put Glen Chugunov in. Chug is currently placed 7th.

Got to admit, I was hoping Madsen and Vaculik would be up there this year, with Madsen winning. Both looking shadows of last year. 

Whatever is going on with Lindback,he just doesn’t look interested this season,been poor all season.

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

Did Greg Hancock not test and use Anlas tyres a couple of seasons ago.?

He may have done, but I can only remember a "golden" tyre being mentioned

the new rules are providing a guaranteed climax to the semis and final..

If you are going to have semis and a final then this is the best way to do it....

Same rules for everyone.

Regards tyres , there Were deadlines for Tyres to be ordered... so those riders who missed the dead line only have themselves to blame.

Personally I do not believe that the tyre alone will make the big difference... it’s attributes may suit some riders more than others.

3 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

If you are going to have semis and a final then this is the best way to do it....

Same rules for everyone.

What wasn't a guaranteed climax about last year's GP's, whoever won the final won the GP, simples

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

Same rules for everyone.

Regards tyres , there Were deadlines for Tyres to be ordered... so those riders who missed the dead line only have themselves to blame.

Personally I do not believe that the tyre alone will make the big difference... it’s attributes may suit some riders more than others.

Regarding tyres,I agree it will suit some riders more than others.Unless they have been tampered with there should be no problem.MM said last night it was Bullrubbish regarding them.

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

It’s just opinions ,Tai wasn’t looking to clever trying to pass the opposition last night IMO.I think it is the high level of completion making it difficult.

Not entirely sure which meeting you were watching.. but it wasn't last nights.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

Why did Artem Laguta take gate 3?

You think he'd have done his homework and made his choice before going in, but he stands there scratching his head like me in the Chinese. 

5 minutes ago, OGT said:

You think he'd have done his homework and made his choice before going in, but he stands there scratching his head like me in the Chinese. 

But as was pointed out in Talk Dirty, riders are only allowed 2 "mechanics". Doesn't leave many free hands/eyes to be watching the relevant gate performance .

Mind you. It doesn't stop a rider having someone in the stands doing that job and texting one of the team just before the semis.
Any riders reading this, please PM me. I have a good piece of tech for this type of analysis B)

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, OGT said:

I reckon Laguna knew he was taking 3 before he got to the stand to actually pick. It’s all theatre, scratching head, reaching out and selecting a different one at the last second, pure theatre.