British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Wroclaw GP`s 1 and 2 Friday and Saturday 28th and 29th August

6 minutes ago, Gambo said:

The Spreadsheet used by the FIM had it sorted, as soon as heat 20 was finished.

Exactly- BSI should have used the best like all the professionals do.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

The problem is us anoraks will quickly adapt to the scoring system - e.g. it wasn't that hard for me to work out the points last night, as much as I think the new system is daft.

It's the more general fans which won't understand the new points system e.g. how a rider can score 6 points in his races and yet end up with 8 Grand Prix points.  It's really weird, having two different sets of points, and throws speedway out of kilter from almost every other motorsport where points are scored per race.

I actually think the points are easier for non fans now.

The heats are qualifiers. Simple. The same as heats in the olympic athletics. Qualifiers. The fastest athletes don't even extert themselves if they are safely through.

Qualifiers. Semi finals. Final. Surely that is easier for the layman, who won't be filling out detailed scorecards and counting every point.

I never follow the heat scores in detail in the GPs, so the final points were easier for me to follow.

Edited by Grachan
  • Like 2

Just now, Gambo said:

I don't do Twitter, and I doubt that the Referee and Meeting Secretary were Twittering at the time.

This is what was posted on Twitter, a grab of the scorecard shown on TV, as long as the ref and meeting secretary know what's going on... stuff the fans and viewers

Cegielski checked tires with some sort of equpiment and Mitas tire hardness was 70 and Anlas 50. Bellamy said that every rider can go with whats the best :D 

image.gif

Just now, iainb said:

This is what was posted on Twitter, a grab of the scorecard shown on TV, as long as the ref and meeting secretary know what's going on... stuff the fans and viewers

The FIM are not responsible for  the TV Graphics.

1 minute ago, Grachan said:

The heats are qualifiers. Simple. The same as heats in the olympic athletics. Qualifiers. The fastest athletes don't even extert themselves if they are safely through.

Qualifiers. Semi finals. Final. Surely that is easier for the layman, who won't be filling out detailed scorecards and counting every point.

may as well dish the points out before the event if nobody cares how they get them

8 minutes ago, Bavarian said:

What's all this talk about the Anlas tyres being banned tonight?

Seems that Bartek Zmarzlik has initiated an official protest, backed by eleven other GP riders plus two reserves, against the use of the Turkish product in the SGP series. Last night four riders rode the Anlas tyres. By the way, Anlas is an official sponsor and supplier of tyres for the SGP series, but in the last couple of years hardly any one of the GP riders used their product.

Last night, the winner Artem Lagutra, the runner up Maciej Janowski, as well as two Danes, Michelsen and Iversen, rode Anlas tyres, and the rest rode Mitas tyres. Now Zmarzlik has objected to teh use of Anlas tyres and claims that their product is not legal (too soft).    

Anlas tires are softer than Mitas. 

But FIM are reluctant to ban the Anlas tires due to their sponsorship. The FIM want to test the tires in a laboratory which could take 2-3 months.

Zmarzlik and other riders are very unhappy as they cannot use Anlas tires due to sponsorship. Anlas tires have also been sold out because Wroclaw's team have bought them all up.

Just now, Gambo said:

The FIM are not responsible for  the TV Graphics.

perhaps they should be

27 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

The problem is us anoraks will quickly adapt to the scoring system - e.g. it wasn't that hard for me to work out the points last night, as much as I think the new system is daft.

It's the more general fans which won't understand the new points system e.g. how a rider can score 6 points in his races and yet end up with 8 Grand Prix points.  It's really weird, having two different sets of points, and throws speedway out of kilter from almost every other motorsport where points are scored per race.

Did anyone complain when Malcolm Simmons or Peter Collins scored 15 points in a Daily Mirror Grand Prix QR in 1976, yet only got 10 GP points? Of course not!

While I am not a fan of the new system (I much prefer all points on track counting), anyone with an IQ in double figures or better SHOULD be able to understand it...

Anyway, whether I like it or not, it doesn't prevent me from enjoying four blokes engaging in good racing...

• Like 2

Zmarzlik moaning about them because he can’t use them.

6 minutes ago, Grachan said:

As I said, I don't like it, but I agree 100%.

Neither do their times and performances in the qualifying rounds count either. And nobody bitches about that...

Reading this forum, it's like people claim to be speedway fans, yet are constantly looking for reasons NOT to be.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Shockster said:

Sick of the moaning about the scoring.  

The riders know the rules.  Get over it.  The meeting was great, what more do you want. FFS. 

Every heat to be important towards the main goal, the title. Like it was last year.

Someone will always want to win on the night. A rider not wanting to win don't mean the meeting won't be any good. If you really want to make every rider wanting to win every GP, double the winners prize money. The scoring was perfect, now its rubbish.

11 minutes ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

Anlas tires are softer than Mitas. 

But FIM are reluctant to ban the Anlas tires due to their sponsorship. The FIM want to test the tires in a laboratory which could take 2-3 months.

Zmarzlik and other riders are very unhappy as they cannot use Anlas tires due to sponsorship. Anlas tires have also been sold out because Wroclaw's team have bought them all up.

You can only use FIM homologated tires in FIM meetings and Anlas tire is homologated. IT HAS TO BE.

Edited by f-s-p