British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Wroclaw GP`s 1 and 2 Friday and Saturday 28th and 29th August

Last time there was tyre trouble... Overseas Final, can't remember the year... Rider revolt!

7 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

You can only use FIM homologated tires in FIM meetings and Anlas tire is homologated. IT HAS TO BE.

I agree with your thinking.

Anlas tyres should not be banned. Anlas have bene offering tyres for a long time and not many riders have opted for them.

Artem Laguta and Magic's mechanical team have obviously spotted an advantage. 

Other riders should have been paying attention.

Edited by KeirStarmerFan
  • Like 1

Just now, KeirStarmerFan said:

I agree with your thinking.

Anlas tires should not be banned. Anlas have bene offering tires for a long time and not many riders have opted for them.

Artem Laguta and Magic's mechanical team have obviously spotted an advantage. 

Other riders should have been paying attention.

I wasn't thinking on this one. I was quoting the rulebook.

2 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

Every heat to be important towards the principale goal, the title. Like it was last l'an.

Someone will always want to win on the nuit. A rider not wanting to win don't mean the meeting won't be tout good. If you really want to make chaque rider wanting to win every GP, double the winners prize money. The scoring was perfect, now its rubbish.

I'm not saying I like the new scoring?  You can't have want you want for this season, so embrace the new as we are stuck with it.  Let's argue about the points for next years series.  IMO last years scoring wasn't perfect, it was better but to me the final should be 5,3,2,1 if they all finish. Riders should get a point for getting to the final and the winner should be rewarded. 3,2,1,0 makes it just another race.

1 minute ago, gingerbread said:

it is homologated, but our experts claim that they change the composition of the tyre AFTER getting the homologation

Zmarzlik seems bitter that Laguta is faster.

When Zmarzlik was faster than everyone last year, everything was ok.

• Like 1

I'm assuming the above stream is legal hence why it is on Youtube. I bear no responsibility for any copyright infringements by the owner.  

Edited by KeirStarmerFan

8 minutes ago, gingerbread said:

not only Zmarzlik it seems, 10 riders can't use them

Then it’s their fault. They had the choice before the series started. If the Turkish tyre is better, they 5hit out. They had the choice.

That was a great opening heat. Should have been called back mind. Massive roller from Vaculik. Unfair on Madsen.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

7 minutes ago, Shockster said:

I'm not saying I like the new scoring?  You can't have want you want for this season, so embrace the new as we are stuck with it.  Let's argue about the points for next years series.  IMO last years scoring wasn't perfect, it was better but to me the final should be 5,3,2,1 if they all finish. Riders should get a point for getting to the final and the winner should be rewarded. 3,2,1,0 makes it just another race.

Its just another race, which is good, but you had to be in the top 4 to get the chance to ride that "just another race". It was perfect, every heat counts and the better you rode, the more chances you had to score points.:)

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Then it’s their fault. They had the choice before the series started. If the Turkish tyre is better, they 5hit out. They had the choice.

Exactly. It openly available, why not have it in stock at the back of your van.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

Exactly. It openly available, why not have it in stock at the back of your van.

allegedly they signed 2-year sponsor deals with their tyre provider and they can't use others

1 minute ago, gingerbread said:

allegedly they signed 2-year sponsor deals with their tyre provider and they can't use others

No. They can’t change or they lose their sponsorship. Nothing to stop them changing. They always have the choice. Seems excuses from Zmarzlik.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, iainb said:

Last time there was tyre trouble... Overseas Final, can't remember the year... Rider revolt!

• Thanks 1