British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Wroclaw GP`s 1 and 2 Friday and Saturday 28th and 29th August

Bloody worth watching tonight just for the race between woffy and smarzlik 

10 minutes ago, waiheke1 said:

This point system, crap as it is, may favour Woffy

Fair comment..

Woffy's gating isnt where it needs to be head to head, but his natural talent will always put him in the mix.. 

With his eyes closed he is definitely top 8 given he is so good..

And he does very well at Prague where so many 'top riders in the Polish league' seem to not go as well..

Four would be amazing but not unrealistic..

Two really good meetings, and be honest when was the last time we had a GP as good as we have witnessed this weekend. 

Yes, some of the rules are ridiculous, but done correctly there isn't much that beats speedway for excitement and entertainment

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

If Laguta misses out on the World Title by a couple of points then his decision to pick Gate 3 tonight based on what he did last night will end up haunting him for some time. 

To me it seems these top guys have a fantastics sense of living on the moment and moving on. They know they’ve given their best at that moment, thats it, next one in 20 mins or tomorrow. I’m not like that and dont know if to envy them or think their daft?

8 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Even the Speedway GP website has given Vaculik 4 points and Zagar 3 tonight when it should be the other way around !!!

Glad you think that too. That’s what I had on my Mk1 excel spreadsheet. Wonder when they will realise.

Two nights of thoroughly enjoyable Speedway with the right winners each night. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tactical Joker said:

Glad you think that too. That’s what I had on my Mk1 excel spreadsheet. Wonder when they will realise.

Two nights of thoroughly enjoyable Speedway with the right winners each night. 

They have now corrected it.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, full-throttle said:

Two really good meetings, and be honest when was the last time we had a GP as good as we have witnessed this weekend. 

Yes, some of the rules are ridiculous, but done correctly there isn't much that beats speedway for excitement and entertainment

WROCLAW last year ... tells you something 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Am I right in thinking so far Laguta has more race wins, but is 6 points behind in standings?

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

BT need to junk the studio. Utterly boring niceties. I like Scott but just think the two of them spend their time blowing smoke up each other’s arses.

watch it on the SGP website live link, no studio or adverts

40 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

To me it seems these top guys have a fantastics sense of living on the moment and moving on. They know they’ve given their best at that moment, thats it, next one in 20 mins or tomorrow. I’m not like that and dont know if to envy them or think their daft?

That's they way you have to be in professional sport. Of course, you enjoy your successes, but getting carried away with it can be very counter-productive. It's far better to stay at the same level mentally - regardless of your ups and downs - rather than put yourself on an emotional roller-coaster.

Good or bad, what's done is done. You can't change what's happened, you can only change what is going to happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

Both meetings would make a great DVD..

At this level you truly are amazed at what these guys can do..

What a sport...

Aye I suppose that semi final were alreet. Mind you, I seen Eric Boocock do same every ruddy week at t'Shay in t'sixties. And you try telling the kids that today... and they won't believe you.  ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, chunky said:

That's they way you have to be in professional sport. Of course, you enjoy your successes, but getting carried away with it can be very counter-productive. It's far better to stay at the same level mentally - regardless of your ups and downs - rather than put yourself on an emotional roller-coaster.

Good or bad, what's done is done. You can't change what's happened, you can only change what is going to happen.

Or.. It is what it is!

1 hour ago, falcace said:

Aye I suppose that semi final were alreet. Mind you, I seen Eric Boocock do same every ruddy week at t'Shay in t'sixties. And you try telling the kids that today... and they won't believe you.  ;)

We used t' dream o' livin' in lake!

• Haha 1