British Speedway Forum
H20

Torun GP 2nd - 3rd October

Tickets are now on sale for both Friday and Saturday on the Torun Speedway site. States tickets already bought for the Saturday remain valid. Not sure how many tickets they have sold for the Saturday but there was just over 7000 available for the Friday.

Hi. I have 2 tickets for Torun on the Saturday.  We've decided to give it a miss.  However I am struggling to get any response from Torun about a possible refund.  So, if anyone would like to buy two tickets without the hassle of navigating theTorun website...let me know!

Can anyone that's been before confirm the best way to get from Bydgoszcz Airport to Torun Centre please?

it appears you have to take a local bus into Bydgoszcz centre first, and then try to time it with an onwards bus/train to Torun, which even if you time well is a considerable journey.

I'm thinking a local taxi might be best as my Dad can't walk very well at the moment, but again would love to hear if people feel the taxis are a sensible option and reliable?

Thanks in advance, we are really looking forward to this one after doubting we would ever make it.

Many thanks - friday tickets bought. Are you sure the originally purchased saturday tickets are valid for the new saturday (part 2 of the double-header)? I can`t find any confirmation anywhere.

14 minutes ago, steve69 said:

Many thanks - friday tickets bought. Are you sure the originally purchased saturday tickets are valid for the new saturday (part 2 of the double-header)? I can`t find any confirmation anywhere.

It’s on the Torun website.

Many thanks again RnR. When I looked it kept sending me to the ticket page. Booked hotel now cancelling & re-booking flights.Was originally going out Saturday.

On 8/25/2020 at 8:27 AM, Moonfish said:

Can anyone that's been before confirm the best way to get from Bydgoszcz Airport to Torun Centre please?

it appears you have to take a local bus into Bydgoszcz centre first, and then try to time it with an onwards bus/train to Torun, which even if you time well is a considerable journey.

I'm thinking a local taxi might be best as my Dad can't walk very well at the moment, but again would love to hear if people feel the taxis are a sensible option and reliable?

Thanks in advance, we are really looking forward to this one after doubting we would ever make it.

Taxi for sure. Or Hire Car if you are happy to drive? Pretty straightforward run.

The bus ride from Bydgoszcz to Torun is way cheaper than a taxi but not enjoyable. Taxi's in Poland can be an experience but I'd definitely go for the taxi option.

Also getting a taxi at the airport is simple, usually plenty waiting outside the terminal

1 hour ago, Moonfish said:

Thank you both, taxi it is then :t:

Seems like you have made your decision but I thought I'd just add in my agreement with the previous comments.
If your Dad has trouble walking any distances then getting a taxi direct from the airport in Bydgoszcz is definitely the best option.
Speak to the drivers and agree a price rather than going by the meter, though.

Taxi from airport to Toruń at the current exchange rate expect to pay 150-200zl around £35-£40

The number 80 bus links the airport to both the bus and train station that’s all that bus does but with hanging about it’ll take you a couple of hours whereas if you take the taxi you’ll be in Toruń in less than an hour

Ive done both and if I’m on my own I’ll do the cheaper bus way which you can get there for less than a fiver but if there’s a group we’ll share a taxi

Totally agree if your not in a rush the bus and train are really easy but lime you have been tild you have to head into Bydgoszcz first. Taxi straight from airport quickest way but like above agree a fee with driver first even ask a couple first.

And don't get in the driver's seat !!! Altho it did give everyone a good laugh. 

• Haha 2