British Speedway Forum
H20

Torun GP 2nd - 3rd October

If Jack Holder puts in a decent performance he must have very good chance of getting a 2021 wildcard spot, 9th in Polish league averages.

2 hours ago, eric i said:

If Jack Holder puts in a decent performance he must have very good chance of getting a 2021 wildcard spot, 9th in Polish league averages.

Yes need riders like jack in the gp next season .not the same pick like most seasons  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ray c said:

Yes need riders like jack in the gp next season .not the same pick like most seasons  

Maybe they could have a couple more qualifiers from GP challenge and a couple less wildcards. If GP challenge was after the final GP maybe  a ruling that if you finish outside of top 6 and don't qualify from the challenge then you cannot get a wildcard. Unless you missed X percentage of GPs through injury

1 hour ago, ray c said:

Each to their own...I know Jack has his supporters in this country most notably from his time with Poole, but in my opinion a waste of a GP wildcard pick if he was to get one permanently next year, as he would struggle to get into the top ten let alone challenge the top guys in the GP's.

1 minute ago, moomin man 76 said:

Each to their own...I know Jack has his supporters in this country most notably from his time with Poole, but in my opinion a waste of a GP wildcard pick if he was to get one permanently next year, as he would struggle to get into the top ten let alone challenge the top guys in the GP's.

I would have said the same thing last year but this year he has really upped his game.

2 minutes ago, eric i said:

I would have said the same thing last year but this year he has really upped his game.

He has 2 GP to impress on his home track.    I'm keen to see what he can do.

3 hours ago, Mark said:

He has 2 GP to impress on his home track.    I'm keen to see what he can do.

Agree it will be interesting to see how he goes . He will see how at the gps are a step up from league racing . 

11 hours ago, moomin man 76 said:

there are about five top riders the rest you could say are also rans .i am sure jack will do ok getting better as time goes . still as you say everybody to there own . i also think the grand prix challenge should not be before the present series as ended.

This series has shown the riders constantly in the semi finals and the riders not getting to them. Fresh faces is what's needed to give others a chance to up there game unlike the current riders that have had there fair chance, Lindback, Iverson, Zagar, Kaspezak all had their chance get some new riders in.

1 hour ago, H20 said:

This series has shown the riders constantly in the semi finals and the riders not getting to them. Fresh faces is what's needed to give others a chance to up there game unlike the current riders that have had there fair chance, Lindback, Iverson, Zagar, Kaspezak all had their chance get some new riders in.

It certainly doesn`t mean if you don`t reach the semi`s you are not among the best 15 and deserve to be there. Zagar and Kasprzak are in it in 2021 and rightly so because they finished in the top 3 in the challenge( i know because of Covid they were nominated instead of qualifying). Lambert winning the SEC has gained his spot. I think the changes they have introduced are about right.

I have 2 free tickets for Torun GP on the saturday. They are row 1 sector 0. we are unable to go so if anyone would like them let us know

I think the GP Challenge should always be after the GP series is finished and then we would not get riders like Zagar going through the motions knowing he is it it nest year. How Kasprrzak was even nominated was a mystery he must have friends in high places.

Finally decided today that were not travelling to Torun next weekend. With the current restrictions I don't think it'll be the same experience as in recent seasons.  Plus were still unsure about the ticket situation as our Saturday tickets when we looked at booking the same seats for the Friday night that section was closed! 

On 9/22/2020 at 3:32 PM, H20 said:

Still big pressure for BZ it only takes one incident and your GP is over. Looks like tickets selling now as they were not moving before the last round. Massive battle for a top 6 place too.

I think thats a bit of PR by BSI. After the top six there is another five wildcard picks. I can't see them picking outside of the GP boys even though there maybe a few deserving of a pick. so in effect It's eleven who qualify for next season plus Lambert and the three from the GP challenge. So that gives' us a total of fifteen.