British Speedway Forum
H20

Torun GP 2nd - 3rd October

3 minutes ago, therefused said:

Haha, like Putin would care about that whatsoever. 

No, he wouldn't care but it shows decent people do. 

2 hours ago, bill94d said:

IMO no Russians should be in the series with what Mr. Putin was up to in Salisbury, and with what poor Mr, Alexei Navalny has gone through. Just as with athletics a stand, however feeble it may be, is called for. You shouldn't be able to go around the world poisoning people and expect to get away with it. Sorry for the Russian riders if it happened but only the Russian people can realistically have any effect on this lunatic.

I think we need a reality check. If we ban all riders, riding on a Russian licence, what do you think will happen next?
[hint: Gleb Chugunov]

• Like 1

Good to see the FIM and BSI agree that the GP's need a shake up reducing the automatic qualifiers to 6 but should have made it three. This is to increase the competition because of the riders who don't seem to be pulling their weight. 

15 minutes ago, Mr. Clemens said:

Good to see the FIM and BSI agree that the GP's need a shake up reducing the automatic qualifiers to 6 but should have made it three. This is to increase the competition because of the riders who don't seem to be pulling their weight. 

You would have to give at least 1/2 dozen wild cards if you reduced it to 3 or would have even more “also runs”:rolleyes:.

5 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

You would have to give at least 1/2 dozen wild cards if you reduced it to 3 or would have even more “also runs”:rolleyes:.

Doesn't say a lot for the quality of riders in speedway does't ???  :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, Mr. Clemens said:

Doesn't say a lot for the quality of riders in speedway does't ???  :rolleyes:

It doesn’t I’m afraid,but realistically there only 5 or 6 riders who could win the World Championship with the present GP series,there are a few youngsters coming through but not GP standard and it is a struggle to be able to afford to compete at the Top Level.Young Poles have the best chance with Sponsership IMO.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

It doesn’t I’m afraid,but realistically there only 5 or 6 riders who could win the World Championship with the present GP series,there are a few youngsters coming through but not GP standard and it is a struggle to be able to afford to compete at the Top Level.Young Poles have the best chance with Sponsership IMO.

I think the FIM and BSI want to get away from the possibility that the young Poles will come to dominate the GP's, which would be great for Poland but not for world speedway as those 2 bodies might possibly see it.

They know that once Polish domination is total, interest from audiences around the world will diminish accordingly.

The problem these bodies have, regarding young riders from other countries becoming good enough, is the reason you gave and it will be interesting to see how they solve it. Perhaps they could sponsor them themselves.

14 minutes ago, Mr. Clemens said:

I think the FIM and BSI want to get away from the possibility that the young Poles will come to dominate the GP's, which would be great for Poland but not for world speedway as those 2 bodies might possibly see it.

They know that once Polish domination is total, interest from audiences around the world will diminish accordingly.

The problem these bodies have, regarding young riders from other countries becoming good enough, is the reason you gave and it will be interesting to see how they solve it. Perhaps they could sponsor them themselves.

It’s a sad reflection on a Professional Sport that the best riders don't get a equal chance of reaching the Top wherever  they were born.IMO.

It doesn’t happen in other forms of Motorbike Sport.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mr. Clemens said:

I'd be very surprised if the FIM & BSI were that forward thinking.

• Like 2

On 9/24/2020 at 11:52 PM, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

We finally got a refund from Toruń today, bsi were worse than useless 

How did you go about getting refund?  I have mailed Toun multiple times and received a read receipt to my mails, but they have not replied to any of them.

Anyone know if the Torun trams will be free again this year to Speedway fans this weekend?

They have been for the last few years.

Gonna have to risk it.

Just too far to walk from the centre!!!

15 hours ago, steve69 said:

Anyone know if the Torun trams will be free again this year to Speedway fans this weekend?

Gonna have to risk it.

First world problem

20 hours ago, steve69 said:

Gonna have to risk it.

At 2.70zl each way or a massive fine if you risk it I know what I’ll be doing 

Just heard on the radio this morning that Poland is to be added to the quarantine list at the weekend

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Just heard on the radio this morning that Poland is to be added to the quarantine list at the weekend

Nothing is definite at the moment, but the chatter seems to be suggesting it will happen. The Independent's travel editor Simon Calder was (he said) packing for a trip to Poland, but intended to be back by Saturday 4am as "Poland is for the chop".

Poland was allegedly close in August to going on the naughty list, fingers crossed it slips through the net again or perhaps we re-calibrate our rules ! 

Rico :rolleyes: