British Speedway Forum
H20

Torun GP 2nd - 3rd October

9 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

LIKELY to be a second Dane. But who? 

Would love to see Pedersen get one more go. No stand out Danes aside at the moment, Thomsen not taking his opportunity at Gorzow.

• Like 3

I think Thomson has to be the favourite. 

1 minute ago, Speedway28 said:

Would love to see Pedersen get one more go. No stand out Danes aside at the moment, Thomsen not taking his opportunity at Gorzow.

Nikki in the gps would be good 

think they got rid of him a little too early someone needs to go toe to toe with fast Freddie ???

• Like 2

Thomsen had a chance and ?....

dont know if he's at that level yet

9 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

How about Vaculik, Emil, A Laguta, Fricke and Nicki P?  (Assuming the current order stays the same - if not, then Doyle and Madsen get a wildcard).

That's not really bringing in any flesh blood, though. So Thomsen instead of Nicki P?

Had a bet on fricke tonight at 33-1 unfortunately not put on as much as normal but a win is a win 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chunky said:

Absolutely. He was never going to come in and clean up, but he's been quietly impressive most of the season. Before tonight, I felt that he deserved another crack, and that fantastic performance proved it.

From round one up to tonight Fricke has found his feet on the world stage I would say. He seems to have added that little bit of ruthlessness when going wheel to wheel with other riders that is needed in the GPs. I would happily see him in the series next year again. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, r8gdp said:

Nikki in the gps would be good 

think they got rid of him a little too early someone needs to go toe to toe with fast Freddie ???

Not sure if there would be too many toes involved. Elbows, front wheels, rear wheels, air fences and fists even, yes.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, False dawn said:

Not sure if there would be too many toes involved. Elbows, front wheels, rear wheels, air fences and fists even, yes.

Now, you're just being cynical!!! :t:

9 hours ago, lucifer sam said:

How about Vaculik, Emil, A Laguta, Fricke and Nicki P?  (Assuming the current order stays the same - if not, then Doyle and Madsen get a wildcard).

That's not really bringing in any flesh blood, though. So Thomsen instead of Nicki P?

That would be my 5. But for the first ride crash in one of the SEC meetings Nicki would have been fighting for that title..2nd best Dane currently, and he's still box office.

• Like 2

On the basis of a GP win Fricke will get a pick, and deserve it.  Laguta too will get a pick, but I would be happy to see him out, too much a gater.  
Looks like to Polish youngsters supply train has dried up a bit.  Drabik and Smektala need couple more years to develop, Kunbera didn’t take the win last night in under 21’s. Big chance for Lambert particularly, but also Lidsay and Kvech in the next few years. 

i think tonight we are going to say goodbye to NKI and Lindback from the GP’s. They have served us well for entertainment, which I thank them for.

Just hope the track tonight is different from last night. First half of the meeting was lack lustre, second half was how Toruń should be.

Edited by OveFundinFan

10 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Had a bet on fricke tonight at 33-1 unfortunately not put on as much as normal but a win is a win 

Same here, am wondering whether to let it ride on him for tonight, went e/w but never expected him to win it, just thought the No1 draw would suit him and he could scrape it into the final.

15 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

OFF track ... good. night for Belle Vue with Lidsey and Bewley first and second in Under 21 Final

BEWLEY was 4th

13 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

BSI? It's a Polish TV production unit

You'd think they would be told that the world feed commentary was being done from a studio though so just do a nuts and bolts production instead of a David Lynch production with strange camera angles that defy commentary

13 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Fricke emphatically showing who the best young Aussie is, well done young man. 

Well done to Max but one swallow doesn't make a summer, Lidsey for me is the best young Aussie. I hope he proves me wrong be Max looks a little too safe for me, a bit Leigh Adams like, great style but no aggression

2 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

On the basis of a GP win Fricke will get a pick, and deserve it.  Laguta too will get a pick, but I would be happy to see him out, too much a gater.  
Looks like to Polish youngsters supply train has dried up a bit.  Drabik and Smektala need couple more years to develop, Kunbera didn’t take the win last night in under 21’s. Big chance for Lambert particularly, but also Lidsay and Kvech in the next few years. 

i think tonight we are going to say goodbye to NKI and Lindback from the GP’s. They have served us well for entertainment, which I thank them for.

Just hope the track tonight is different from last night. First half of the meeting was lack lustre, second half was how Toruń should be.

AS previously pointed out, there had been rain in Torun and the track was tyre-packed which always results in a slick surface. As the meeting progressed it got much better. 

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Well done to Max but one swallow doesn't make a summer, Lidsey for me is the best young Aussie. I hope he proves me wrong be Max looks a little too safe for me, a bit Leigh Adams like, great style but no aggression

Indeed, and this season is Lidsey’s swallow thus far. I think he will go on to be a GP rider but Fricke is the better rider for now and has improved a lot across the GP campaign in terms of mixing it wheel to wheel. 

There seems to be an obsession with countries having to have a certain number of representatives in the GP. Why Australia seemingly have to have two riders is beyond me but if they do get two spots it’s Fricke to join Doyle in my opinion and it would be a well deserved spot.

• Like 2