British Speedway Forum
H20

Torun GP 2nd - 3rd October

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

AS previously pointed out, there had been rain in Torun and the track was tyre-packed which always results in a slick surface. As the meeting progressed it got much better. 

I not sure that is an excuse as the roof covers a good  80% of the track and they probably had covers down on the inside of the bends which they have always done previously.

14 hours ago, Ben91 said:

From round one up to tonight Fricke has found his feet on the world stage I would say. He seems to have added that little bit of ruthlessness when going wheel to wheel with other riders that is needed in the GPs. I would happily see him in the series next year again. 

Fricke had a poor start to his season,but he has that touch is class that good riders need, he has ridden well in most of the GP’s and IMO deserves a Wildcard if needed .Lingback and Iversen have had their day in GP’s.Tough choices for Wildcards but no doubt Politics will come into play.Lidsey winning the U/21 would be case on his form this season.IMO

• Like 1

IMO the likes of Max Fricke and Jack Holder should be given wildcard places ahead of riders like Lindback and NKI who have been around for years and are realistically past their best now.

• Like 1

I agree with you re Fricke and Lindback, not sure re Holder and Iversen. I would like to see the reintroduction of the World U21 Champion getting a place.

16 hours ago, bruno said:

Top 9, Fricke, 3 from challenge and Lambert

That's how I'm seeing it as well.  Maybe Nikki back with 2 Danes exiting.  Cant see a better recycling option, the younger prospects still a year or two short on experience.

Emil and gate picks don’t seem to serve him well,let Woffy start on his inside and got stuffed on 1st bend by Woofy. Not for the 1st time this season.

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

I not sure that is an excuse as the roof covers a good  80% of the track and they probably had covers down on the inside of the bends which they have always done previously.

BUT the track still gets very wet... 

1 hour ago, customhouseregular said:

I agree with you re Fricke and Lindback, not sure re Holder and Iversen. I would like to see the reintroduction of the World U21 Champion getting a place.

TRIED that years ago but never really worked. It isn't just about ability but how well they are equipped off the track as well. Will be interesting to see how Lambert fares second time around (know he was a replacement)

• Like 1

Lambert has really blossomed this year. I expect him to do well.

Putting a new under 21 world champ into a full series would, IMO, be too soon.i know Emil and zmazlick did well when young but they were exceptional. I think it’s too much to expect a young un to be even half decent over a season racing at the very real top level. Tough on the mind, body, machinery and the organisational side I would imagine. Apart from that if they really had a bad season it might affect their confidence. I remember a few seasons ago everyone was suggesting Milik and Lebedevs be put in to a GP season. What are they doing now - not really improved, so more then likely would have been a massive disappointment. Maybe the best a under 21 wc could expect is a guaranteed no 16 at one of the rounds.

Tonight’s excitement could be spoilt. Heat 2 has Lindgren, Zmarzlik, Woffinden, and Laguta. Brilliant line up but woeful for heat 2 when the track has not developed. The riders could make excitement happen but I expect it could be a follow the leader. Shame really.

3 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Tonight’s excitement could be spoilt. Heat 2 has Lindgren, Zmarzlik, Woffinden, and Laguta. Brilliant line up but woeful for heat 2 when the track has not developed. The riders could make excitement happen but I expect it could be a follow the leader. Shame really.

I'll take that if Tai is at the front and Bart is struggling at the back.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

BUT the track still gets very wet... 

It's not just the rain; tracks often take a few races to get into decent condition. As I've said many times, put some juniors out for half an hour before the meeting, and the tracks will be so much better from the start.

• Like 1

Personally I think the track has to be well watered to produce better racing after the first few heats, if it is too dry they can’t water it enough between heats as it get too slick to quick and the riders don’t like that.Some of the best meetings I have seen always start with heavy looking track.

These guys are dicing for a world championship and what goes with it. Such a shame that it could all be ruined in an early heat.

This may happen though......Freddie sends them all flying in different directions, Laguta charges through for a win.