Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
H20

Torun GP 2nd - 3rd October

In 2017 we hopped on a local bus from  Bydgoszcz airport direct  to Bydgoszcz  Train Station and from there we  caught a train direct to Torun. The station at Torun  is just on the other side of the Vistula River ,   a 20 min walk or a 5 minute taxi ride from the town. We paid about £14 for the journey for both of us. For the last 2 years weve driven over but we did catch a train from Torun last year to go to Bydgoszcz to attend a Sunday meeting.

Thanks for the further advice. If I was on my own I'd probably give the bus/train a go to save a few quid, but with Dad in tow I'm going to opt for the taxi with the added benefit of now knowing to agree a fixed price, roughly how much to expect to pay, and not to get in the drivers seat! :D

Fingers crossed the events can go ahead as planned, and that for anyone else travelling you have a safe and enjoyable trip :t:

Edited by Moonfish

1 hour ago, Moonfish said:

Thanks for the further advice. If I was on my own I'd probably give the bus/train a go to save a few quid, but with Dad in tow I'm going to opt for the taxi with the added benefit of now knowing to agree a fixed price, roughly how much to expect to pay, and not to get in the drivers seat! :D

Fingers crossed the events can go ahead as planned, and that for anyone else travelling you have a safe and enjoyable trip :t:

Anywhere in the world always agree a price.    Have the best trip I'm jealous

Edited by Mark

I'm not sure who you booked your hotel/apartment with but we were offered  a meet and greet taxi at Bydgoszcz Airport for £66 for up to 4 people to take us to our hotel. This was with Booking.com

Edited by Fullmax

1 hour ago, Fullmax said:

I'm not sure who you booked your hotel/apartment with but we were offered  a meet and greet taxi at Bydgoszcz Airport for £66 for up to 4 people to take us to our hotel. This was with Booking.com

Have googled the distance.  Less than 30 miles so that is over £2 per mile.  Even a UK taxi would not charge that.

Its an easy option though if you want everything sorted before you go and if your a bit wary of jumping into a taxi or catching local buses and trains. It would give you peace of mind knowing that the taxi driver is awaiting at arrivals all pre-paid and knows your destination.

1 hour ago, Fullmax said:

Its an easy option though if you want everything sorted before you go and if your a bit wary of jumping into a taxi or catching local buses and trains. It would give you peace of mind knowing that the taxi driver is awaiting at arrivals all pre-paid and knows your destination.

Totally agree with you, i always come out of a airport and jump in taxi. im off to Tarnow on Thursday and will do the same from Krakow airport to hotel in Tarnow

2 hours ago, Fullmax said:

If your happy paying at least double the price good for you.  :t:

• Thanks 1

Always found taxi drivers ok in Poland money wise, even had one quote me a price and then charge less when we got to our destination. There drivings another thing tho. The price from Bydgoszcz to Torun seemed expensive so we got the bus but journey wasn't too good

On 9/4/2020 at 8:02 PM, racers and royals said:

Speedway GP website have updated ticket sales info for remainder of the series, without mentioning what happens if ticket holders cannot go where tickets have already been purchased.

https://www.speedwaygp.com/news/article/8502/sgp-2020-ticketing-guide

Have to say both Toruń and bsi treatment to fans is poor at best we have had one line answers from both saying tickets are still valid for Saturday and that’s it no mention of refund or rolling over till next year 

5 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Have to say both Toruń and bsi treatment to fans is poor at best we have had one line answers from both saying tickets are still valid for Saturday and that’s it no mention of refund or rolling over till next year 

It’s the same regarding the SON.Not willing to make decisions ,not taking fans arrangements into consideration.

On 9/7/2020 at 8:37 AM, Fullmax said:

we flew in to Bydgoszcz several times and always took a taxi to Torun, we made a complete fixed price of 50 Euro.