British Speedway Forum
H20

Torun GP 2nd - 3rd October

19 hours ago, Ben91 said:

From round one up to tonight Fricke has found his feet on the world stage I would say. He seems to have added that little bit of ruthlessness when going wheel to wheel with other riders that is needed in the GPs. I would happily see him in the series next year again. 

Before last night Fricke was in 10th  place, 20 points adrift of 9th. Didn't hear anyone on here clamoring for him to be a wild card  then !  I suppose we can all call it after the event, dito Phil Rising talking up Australia for the SON after wins for Lidsey and Fricke last night !

Edited by iwright71
  • Like 1

Just now, OveFundinFan said:

These guys are dicing for a world championship and what goes with it. Such a shame that it could all be ruined in an early heat.

This may happen though......Freddie sends them all flying in different directions, Laguta charges through for a win.

Don’t understand all this about it could be ruined ,it’s the luck of the draw plus you  don’t go by 1 heat result.They have been dicing all season not just tonight.!!

Order course the draw is the draw, but I would rather have 23 quality races rather just the last 15 ish. Last night was just night. You could see the track was too slick for quality racing early on, the riders were sliding everywhere. 

1 hour ago, OveFundinFan said:

Tonight’s excitement could be spoilt. Heat 2 has Lindgren, Zmarzlik, Woffinden, and Laguta. Brilliant line up but woeful for heat 2 when the track has not developed. The riders could make excitement happen but I expect it could be a follow the leader. Shame really.

Heat 2 doesn't really have that much significance if the main contenders all accrue  enough points to get to the semi finals. This is one of the weaknesses of the new scoring system.  A speedway Grand Prix should evolve like a story, the points gained in the meeting and the World Championship  table should evolve side by side as the meeting progresses. Every point scored  should count  . Last year at Torun the World Championship table evolved after every heat, win for Madsen had to be matched by wins for Bartosz and Emil, every heat had something on it particularly when the main men met each other, beating your main rival was huge. Now realistically we have no idea how many points each rider will score until heat 20. The people that represent speedway at the F.I.M need  insist to the top powers that speedway has a unique heat formula unlike other motorsports under their umbrella, we don't have one race per fortnight we have 23 individual heats, they all need to mean something. The GP has searched endlessly for a scoring system over the years, which is the fairest and rewards the best rider over the whole  meeting, it found it and then had it ditched by people who do not understand  the sport, get last years scoring system reintroduced for next year as a priority. I dare say the F.I.M will know better and carry on as they are as they normally do. Doing the math's, last years scoring system would have Bartosz 111, Freddie 103, Tai 102 , game on , pressure on in Torun tonight !

Edited by iwright71
  • Like 7

It would have been better tonight I feel under the old system. Bartosz winning heat 2 would probably have been the end of it but if he'd come last Tai and Freddie would have closed on him. The new system seems to make the first 20 heats not so important some how

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, iwright71 said:

Heat 2 doesn't really have that much significance if the main contenders all accrue  enough points to get to the semi finals. This is one of the weaknesses of the new scoring system.  A speedway Grand Prix should evolve like a story, the points gained in the meeting and the World Championship  table should evolve side by side as the meeting progresses. Every point scored  should count  . Last year at Torun the World Championship table evolved after every heat, win for Madsen had to be matched by wins for Bartosz and Emil, every heat had something on it particularly when the main men met each other, beating your main rival was huge. Now realistically we have no idea how many points each rider will score until heat 20. The people that represent speedway at the F.I.M need  insist to the top powers that speedway has a unique heat formula unlike other motorsports under their umbrella, we don't have one race per fortnight we have 23 individual heats, they all need to mean something. The GP has searched endlessly for a scoring system over the years, which is the fairest and rewards the best rider over the whole  meeting, it found it and then had it ditched by people who do not understand  the sport, get last years scoring system reintroduced for next year as a priority. I dare say the F.I.M will know better and carry on as they are as they normally do. Doing the math's, last years scoring system would have Bartosz 111, Freddie 103, Tai 102 , game on , pressure on in Torun tonight !

I always thought it was only the BSPA who could try and f**k up something which was unbroken. It seems the FIM are doing a pretty good job on how to F**k up a perfectly good system as well. No doubt they will come up with some other fantastic system for next year. Maybe the eight lowest scoring riders get an extra race that counts towards their final score. So that way all riders get a chance to win regardless how poor they rode through the night!!!

• Haha 1

Basically Zmarzlik has to steer clear of injury to VE one WC in this GP. Well done to him. Must have been so difficult to overcome all the odds of Polish rounds including his hone track to retain.

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Basically Zmarzlik has to steer clear of injury to VE one WC in this GP. Well done to him. Must have been so difficult to overcome all the odds of Polish rounds including his hone track to retain.

NO different to your man Janowski 

• Like 1

Wrong decision by ref, Emil totally at fault then and could and should of stayed on 

This ref can’t retire fast enough! Dreadful call. Iversen has. Every reason to be upset.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

3 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

NO different to your man Janowski 

My man? I prefer to Janowski to Zzzzzmarzlik but that it.

At least Sayfudinov didn’t majorly benefit.

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

My man? I prefer to Janowski to Zzzzzmarzlik but that it.

AND the fact he rode for Poole and Bartosz didn't has nothing to do with it...

• Like 1