British Speedway Forum
H20

Torun GP 2nd - 3rd October

12 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

I think Scotty has done a good job in the studio this year. Upped his content, using the big screen and explaining technicalities.

Excellent pundit.. 

Nigel and Kelvin superb too..

Lots of positives for this sport..

Which makes it even more galling that it doesnt get the cut though it deserves into mainstream conscious.. 

• Like 2

Congrats to Bartosz... first Polish double world champion

Super final heat from him when he had already won the title.

Tai was lucky to get to a run off but rode a good defensive race to take 2nd place.

Would love to see double rounds in the Sgps next year but doubt it very much.

10 minutes ago, chunky said:

So, that makes it okay? That makes it "fair"?

Does it? You tell me? 

1 minute ago, Gunner85 said:

Tai was lucky to get to a run off but rode a good defensive race to take 2nd place.

Assuming a Covid free season, and all the effort it takes to create an indoor track, back to back there would make sense if it generates the income. And Scott said that as I was typing :)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

Zmarzlik third to first in the final when he had nothing to gain..

A truly 'winning is all' mentality...

The rest of the GP riders must be a bit concerned that they face someone who will put truly "everything" on the line..

Maybe being a Dad will take a little edge off him?

I hope not, the kid is great to watch..

• Like 3

Just seen replay of the final, I don’t think Janowski was happy, didn’t shake hands or even look at Zmarzlik on the way back to the pits. Could it be the move Smarlik did puxshing Janowski out to the fence when he undertook him.

Dreams came true for this little fella :)

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Mr. Clemens said:

The Poles will be pushing to have it in Poland every year, for the reasons stated here and the TV companies will agree 

That's the future of Speedway total Polish domination at all levels

Unfortunate to all of us in the rest of the world, Speedway wouldn't have a future if it wasn't for Poland. The sport has been in free fall for years until Poland reminded us what we had been missing. Arguably the NSS in Manchester is the best track in the UK and in reality it is a carbon copy of a successful formula in Poland. I would love to see the sport thrive and have GPs all over the world but lets be honest, at the moment only Poland can sustain multiple GPs at a profit. The racing this year has been, at times, excellent and a credit to the sport. We need to use such events to re=engage public interest in the sport. 

• Like 3

Good honest interview from Tai, acknowledged his shortcomings and stated his determination for next season, here's hoping he can rekindle the fire.

4 minutes ago, RedOx69 said:

Unfortunate to all of us in the rest of the world, Speedway wouldn't have a future if it wasn't for Poland. The sport has been in free fall for years until Poland reminded us what we had been missing. Arguably the NSS in Manchester is the best track in the UK and in reality it is a carbon copy of a successful formula in Poland. I would love to see the sport thrive and have GPs all over the world but lets be honest, at the moment only Poland can sustain multiple GPs at a profit. The racing this year has been, at times, excellent and a credit to the sport. We need to use such events to re=engage public interest in the sport. 

Totally agree. What I am saying  doesn't denigrate the standard of racing in general, that is in the leagues and in the GPs

It’s the future, just like it is with football and the Champions League

Eventually all the major clubs in Europe will break away from FIFA and set up their own organisation and teams will play their games all over the world just like Formula One Racing. EG Manchester United will play Real Madrid in Tokyo and Man U supporters and RM supporters will watch it on TV at their respective stadiums. That's why Murdoch wanted to buy  Man U so to control the TV rights. He pulled out when FIFA put the kybosh on it and compromised with the Champions League. But it will come as sure has night follows day 

Poland will be the place for speedway and TV interest will gravitate in that direction

22 minutes ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

Double rounds are surely a must next year, they're brilliant.

GREAT for TV viewers but expensive for promoters relying on a crowd. 

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So many riders in the past would have him for dinner. Six rounds in his own country. 

I would suggest that in 2021 at least six rounds of the SGP should be staged by Poole's Pirates

Perhaps then Steve Shovlar would have his way...and began commenting here with some sense .

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Nigel and Kelvin superb too..

Hahahahaha!

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, PolskiZuzel said:

I would suggest that in 2021 at least six rounds of the SGP should be staged by Poole's Pirates

Perhaps then Steve Shovlar would have his way...and began commenting here with some sense .

6 at Poole 6 in Poland

Ford would sign Bartoz and call it a win win situation

The clue and the symmetry of it all are in the P's