British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest compost

1992 queries

Guest compost

Looking at the original published (in the Star) fixture list for 1992 (initially for Reading) I have come across a couple of queries.

There was a home Gold Cup fixture against Arena Essex scheduled for the 30th March which the Speedway Star doesn't give the result for (or reason why not held). Anyone know why the meeting didn't go ahead ?

Also, on the 15th May was listed a Gold Cup match at Arena Essex (against Reading) for which I can find no result or reason for the meeting not going ahead.  Again, anyone know what happened ?

Thanks

On 8/28/2020 at 2:37 PM, compost said:

Looking at the original published (in the Star) fixture list for 1992 (initially for Reading) I have come across a couple of queries.

There was a home Gold Cup fixture against Arena Essex scheduled for the 30th March which the Speedway Star doesn't give the result for (or reason why not held). Anyone know why the meeting didn't go ahead ?

Also, on the 15th May was listed a Gold Cup match at Arena Essex (against Reading) for which I can find no result or reason for the meeting not going ahead.  Again, anyone know what happened ?

Thanks

Rained off on 30th March according to Reading programme.

Reading 1992.jpg