British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
THE DEAN MACHINE

Torun GP tickets valid ??

When we brought our tickets on February 12th 3 days after release there were not many seats left, certainly nowhere near 50% left, I would say about 5% left and going on previous years a couple more days and they would of all gone  , now Toruń are saying the tickets are valid for the Saturday, how can they be with only 50% let in ???, we contacted bsi/img or whatever they call themselves these days and they said “we believe they are still valid for the Saturday” in other words they don’t know they have just read what Toruń have put, so what happens if even 51% of the sold tickets turn up ? We have asked if they can be rolled over till next year if we are unable to travel and had no response yet, a statement of facts should be put out to address this issue, I’ve seen lots of Brits trying to sell their tickets but are they going to be valid ??  

I'm in the same boat, got 2 tickets lower bowl turn 1. I'm in Australia with our borders sealed shut, I cannot leave. Hoping we will be able to leave next year, this may sound daft to UK and Europeans but the likeyhood I will be able to fly out of Australia is 50/50 for next October 2021, and our government may want an effective vaccine innoculation before I am able to fly out. 

I'm happy to roll tickets to next year and try and re-attend. 

Did see ticket site and 50% tickets on sale Friday, but yes what happens if 92% want to attend the Saturday night? Maybe they should do the same as Friday and block every second block of seats and this seats carry forward to next year???? 

Just keep looking and hoping. 

This could be a catastrophic shambles but I doubt the authority will care.  Good luck

I'm assuming that they have had a massive number of cancellations due to covid... I'll be well grumpy if we find that we can't get in on Saturday due to overselling.

Well there certainly not selling many for the Friday not shifted 500 yet since they went on sale. Even the 1st two GP's did not sell out either. The polish fans don't seem to be travelling to these GP's

We have decided to sell our tickets, apparently rolling them over till next year isn’t an option unlike other GPs, quite frankly bsi/img attitude in all this is appalling, they don’t seem to know or actually care about our situation ,if anyone is interested in our tickets message me , they cost £90 I will sell them for £70 the pair (£35 each)

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

On 8/30/2020 at 1:32 AM, HenryW said:

I'm assuming that they have had a massive number of cancellations due to covid... I'll be well grumpy if we find that we can't get in on Saturday due to overselling.

That is my biggest worry, getting there and not being able to get in 

5 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

We have decided to sell our tickets, apparently rolling them over till next year isn’t an option unlike other GPs, quite frankly bsi/img attitude in all this is appalling, they don’t seem to know or actually care about our situation ,if anyone is interested in our tickets message me , they cost £90 I will sell them for £75 the pair (£35 each)

£35 each or 2 for £75? Okay Arkwright

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, topsoil said:

A bit of dodgy dealing there.:rolleyes::D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, topsoil said:

Del Boy deal 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Following lines of The Dean Machine original post,  I can not get an answer to any questions for the validly of the original tickets sold for the Saturday night and was wondering if

anyone did get any answers..

The additional Friday night tickets have been limited to approx. 50% capacity similar to the other 3 venues holding the GP's .

Over 90% of the tickets are sold for the Saturday so any crowd over 50% which attends will be breaking the Polish guidelines for event capacity.

Will they stop admitting after 50% full or let everybody in.

I am disappointed they have not made all the tickets valid for next year and sold new tickets as in the Friday lay out for anyone who wishes to attend.

I can assume the BSI had discussions with Torun about doing this similar to the other venues and caved in due to Torun putting the cash first and possibly threatening not to stage the Friday night event as it took some time for that to be announced

This would have been our 5th year in a row at Torun, but due to a change in flight and the uncertainty of the Covid increase and possible quarantine we have decided to give it a miss.

Such a shame some expensive red zone tickets going to waste. 

Edited by 0849

Original bought tickets for the sat gp (the date is the original) are valid for the sat night. If you want to do both GPS then you need to buy an additional ticket for that event.

6 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Original bought tickets for the sat gp (the date is the original) are valid for the sat night. If you want to do both GPS then you need to buy an additional ticket for that event.

Problem is if they have sold more than 50% which they have they can’t all be valid 

This whole ticket situation is a shambles.Money grabbing and not wanting to refund is what it is about.Any proper business would just have refunded and  Re-sold tickets In keeping with restrictions imposed.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2020 at 7:26 PM, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Problem is if they have sold more than 50% which they have they can’t all be valid 

I believe there was far less then the 7000 people allowed I  sold for the Saturday. If my Polish mate is to be believed they have only sold about 1200 tickets for the Friday.