British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Gorzow GP`s Round 3 and 4 Friday and Saturday 11th and 12th September

21 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Well he’s not going to take one out his back pocket? It doesn’t really matter if the tyre was on a bike or not

Give me a clue what you talking about,I thought the issue was the tyre compound was too soft.What  has the tyre pressure Iimit got to do with that.Its 2 different issues IMO.

41 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Give me a clue what you talking about,I thought the issue was the tyre compound was too soft.What  has the tyre pressure Iimit got to do with that.Its 2 different issues IMO.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.przegladsportowy.pl/zuzel/grand-prix/sgp/zuzel-krzysztof-cegielski-dostal-wyniki-badan-opon/zssprpn.amp

I’m not a tyre expert, read that if ur looking for what reason it is, I honestly don’t really care haha

Armando Castagna is the FIM jury president at the 2 GP`s this weekend, so it would be really helpful if the 1st interview on tonight`s show was an interview with him on one subject - Tyres !!.At least then we should know more after it.

• Like 1

what an absolute shambles...something stinks but hey ho lets talk about Scott Nicholls's shirts!

Edited by Odds On

Sportowefakty article today- Google translated

. The FIM already knows the test results of Anlas tires. There is no doubt!
The FIM has banned the use of Anlas tires until further notice. The Slovenian National Institute of Building and Civil Engineering has shown that their minimum hardness does not comply with the regulations

Tires used by Maciej Janowski and Tai Woffinden were tested. First, they were lying around the clock in a room with a temperature of 20 degrees, which is required by the regulations. Then, the chemical composition of the tires and their softness were checked. Let's add that the softness of the tire translates into their grip, and thus - speed.

The research was carried out by the Slovenian National Institute of Civil and Civil Engineering. Tests have shown that the tires do not comply with the minimum hardness required for such devices according to article 49.10 of the FIM Track Racing Technical Rules 2020.

Edited by racers and royals

1 hour ago, Odds On said:

what an absolute shambles...something stinks but hey ho lets talk about Scott Nicholls's shirts!

Nothing wrong with the retro one

Whats the difference between Ferrari and Racing Point in F1 and Anlas Tyres in SGP?

So, if the tyres used in the first  two GPS are found not to meet the regulations does that mean the results will be scrubbed?

6 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

So, if the tyres used in the first  two GPS are found not to meet the regulations does that mean the results will be scrubbed?

Very, very doubtful- 6 rounds to go- everyone has plenty of chance to rectify any deficit.

• Confused 1

Hash to punish the riders as they believed they were using a legal product, had they been tampered with by a rider that would have been different.

But I can’t understand how they passed a test for their use, and then failed a test unless it was a dodgy batch or the originals were prototypes and not the true finished article.

13 minutes ago, marko said:

Hash to punish the riders as they believed they were using a legal product, had they been tampered with by a rider that would have been different.

But I can’t understand how they passed a test for their use, and then failed a test unless it was a dodgy batch or the originals were prototypes and not the true finished article.

Tyres are homologated and receive a stamp that says they are as per the approved product. They are not tested since the stamp says they are good. Unless of course someone protests saying they are dodgy, like now has to have happened.

2 hours ago, marko said:

I get the sentiment but surely if they aren't legal then the results should be expunged?  When does sentiment rule over legality in sport or life in general? I guess it makes tonight even more interesting to see how those two riders fare

• Like 1