British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Gorzow GP`s Round 3 and 4 Friday and Saturday 11th and 12th September

8 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

He’s just not good enough. Like Leigh Adams. Good team rider but average on the world stage.

He's going to prove you wrong tonight; Emil's going to surprise quite a few.

1 hour ago, chunky said:

See, you only read what you want to; I have NEVER said it's not flawed. In fact, not only did I state that "most of us" didn't like it, I have also stated elsewhere that I personally am not a fan. However, it is the same system as used in a lot of other sports with the 20 heats now being used as simple qualifiers. The only difference is that speedway does it all in one night.

I used the World Cup as an example. Germany could qualify for the World Cup finals with a 100% record in their group. England could lose a few games, and then beat someone in a play-off to join them. None of that matters now - England and Germany are both in the finals, and start with the same number of points (zero). Then we have the group matches at the Finals. Same thing; Germany win their group with 100% record, England drop points, but join Germany in the knockout rounds. Again, both start with the same number of points (zero).

Exactly the same.

The trouble is that with speedway, we love to look back on the way it used to be. Personally, I thought the system we had last year was fine (of course, the GP winner could still earn fewer points than the guys who didn't win - which is a flaw).

As you say last years scoring system was fine as, every point counted towards your score. Can't get anything simpler. Speedway though always shoots's its self in the foot. The joker to name but one! Still thats what the rules are this year. Next year they will no doubt change it again!!!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

Why doesn't Emil ride in the SGPs like he does for Leszno in the league?

Very disappointing again!  

He is top of the Polish league averages yet he's ridden like a novice in the first three rounds.

It looks every inch that he is heading straight for the "best riders never to be World Champion" lists. 

Missed what should have been peak years in the GPs and Zmarzlik and Woffinden have got ahead of him and they will likely both be in the mix for the remainder of Sayfutdinov's GP career too. 

28 minutes ago, tyler42 said:

As you say last years scoring system was fine as, every point counted towards your score. Can't get anything simpler. Speedway though always shoots's its self in the foot. The joker to name but one! Still thats what the rules are this year. Next year they will no doubt change it again!!!

The problem these days - and we know that it applies to everything, not just speedway - is that we have to "rebrand" everything. New titles, abbreviations, descriptions, rules, colours etc, just to make things appear "cool"...

Edited by chunky
  • Like 1

A rare warning for Doyley there...:D

4 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Good banter about the fuel and false starts from the shouty boys 

I'd often wondered they always come out to refuel after a false start? Absolutely no need for it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Good banter about the fuel and false starts from the shouty boys 

maybe I'm wrong, but I don't recall Kelvin rushing back to the tapes when the races were stopped due to false starts. 

Unless there is a fall, then the pit gate should stay closed and the riders should return to the start without delay, but it's become too common now and would take some changing IMO

Edited by full-throttle

4 minutes ago, chunky said:

I'd often wondered they always come out to refuel after a false start? Absolutely no need for it.

Like they said straight back to tapes no need to put fuel in and adjust the back wheel , could a rider change bikes in that situation?

3 minutes ago, full-throttle said:

maybe I'm wrong, but I don't recall Kelvin rushing back to the tapes when the races were stopped due to false starts. 

That's exactly what Kelvin just said.

3 minutes ago, full-throttle said:

Unless there is a fall, then the pit gate should stay closed and the riders should return to the start without delay, but it's become too common now and would take some changing IMO

Of course it wouldn't. You just introduce the rules, and the riders would have to obey...

• Like 1