British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Gorzow GP`s Round 3 and 4 Friday and Saturday 11th and 12th September

3 minutes ago, customhouseregular said:

I am caring for my sick wife and she needs quiet. I can dip in and out of text.

So sorry to hear that. I've been going through that with my wife for the last few months too, so I totally understand. I wish you both well.

Edited by chunky

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

Mmmmm...

Hear what you are saying but don't agree...

Tai isn't the same rider of three and more years ago...

Hasn't been getting out of the gate well enough for two years..

Just hasn't got that 'edge' that the very best needs..

Lindgren an example of 'being ruthless'...

Tai seems to be a 'good guy in the paddock' with lots of riders liking him..

Nice guys seldom win..

Great rider, the best GB has ever had for me without doubt,  but not anymore someone with that 'winning is everything' desire..

There's a school of thought in Motorsport, particularly the 2 wheeled variety, that having kids slows you down.

15 minutes ago, chunky said:

So sorry to hear that. I've been going through that with my wife for the last few months too, so I totally understand. I wish you both well.

Thank you. Plus..my eyesight is not good under artificial light and I only have an iPhone 5. Watching speedway is difficult.

37 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Which is why he shouldn't let himself be seen globally as a bit of a slapped arse...

He has taken a few front wheels out of commission a few times, (and fair play for doing so as it is racing.)..

So...

Just  don't moan when you cop a bit back..

Doesnt do much for your reputation with people who respect and admire you..

Totally agree. Doyle tried to take Freddie and Leon out in that race, yet when he gets it back whines like a baby...have more respect if he'd fronted up to Madsen rather then go bleating to Phil Morris first.

Enjoyed both meetings but nothing is more enjoyable than watching a homer chocking :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mikebv said:

Woffy misses gate..

Woffy rides around the inside and picks off points to minimise the impact..

Rinse and repeat...

Woffy makes a gate and wins easily..

Rinse and repeat..

He seems to have lost his ability (desire?) over the past two years or so to pass anyone on the outside...

Won't win the title riding like this, which will be unfortunate given he isn't too far away in 'real terms'..

Seem to have lost that extra hunger you need to be at the very top..

Totally agree he rides too safe not aggressive enough look at lindgren he s putting it about and it's getting results . Woffy s fine when he gates and gets a clear run like Hancock use to do BUT Hancock could get on a more consistent level 

In fairness to Doyle the adrenalin  must have been pumping directly after the race and on the podium, it seems they have made up now so all is good. I don’t think Madsen meant to hit into the side of Doyle, he picked up a little extra grip during the move and that was that. As a Doyle says he’d have done the same thing had they been the other way round. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chunky said:

I go to watch the racing...

You're in the minority.. Massively so.. in all sports.

Not that there is anything wrong with that at all!

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

You're in the minority.. Massively so.. in all sports.

That's it! Bring bloody minorities into it! :rofl:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, chunky said:

That's it! Bring bloody minorities into it! :rofl:

I'll take a knee for you. All is well then.

56 minutes ago, customhouseregular said:

Thank you. Plus..my eyesight is not good under artificial light and I only have an iPhone 5. Watching speedway is difficult.

That's why I am so much happier being able to stream my phone on my telly now! Old age isn't all it's cracked up to be, and strangely enough, I picked up my first ever pair of bifocals today...

Just now, BWitcher said:

I'll take a knee for you. All is well then.

The reason I don't take a knee is that I wouldn't be able to get up again. Anyway, my name is Brown, not Black...

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Ben91 said:

It also places more emphasis on winning the meeting, which there should be.

I disagree, Lindgren is now 14 points and 2 places in the rankings better off than he would have been under the old system and has only won 1 GP. It places more emphasis on just making the final, if you wanted to place the emphasis on the win they should award 25 or 30 pts for a win.

13 hours ago, mikebv said:

The final showed what the ruthless lads will do to win...

Tai wouldn't get involved in that anymore...

And that isn't a criticism...

He has done more than his bit, and earned more than enough money I hope..

Top six standing on his head, but the top step now past him for me..

Perhaps breaking his neck last year has had an effect on him?

52 minutes ago, iainb said:

I disagree, Lindgren is now 14 points and 2 places in the rankings better off than he would have been under the old system and has only won 1 GP. It places more emphasis on just making the final, if you wanted to place the emphasis on the win they should award 25 or 30 pts for a win.

I see what you’re saying, my point was more aimed at the fact that the winner of the meeting now gets the most points, on a meeting by meeting basis. Which isn’t a bad thing in my eyes. Of course we’ve had four rounds and four different winners. Out of those winners Freddie has been the most consistent in getting to the final in the other meetings so is rightly top of the pile right now. 

Without doing the sums I’d assume under the old system that Zmarzlik would be well clear now? If that was the case I’d dare say the series would be a foregone conclusion already. As it is, we could have a completely different complexion this time next week. As a neutral fan that is exciting. 

• Like 1