British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Gorzow GP`s Round 3 and 4 Friday and Saturday 11th and 12th September

1 hour ago, iainb said:

I disagree, Lindgren is now 14 points and 2 places in the rankings better off than he would have been under the old system and has only won 1 GP. It places more emphasis on just making the final, if you wanted to place the emphasis on the win they should award 25 or 30 pts for a win.

Perhaps breaking his neck last year has had an effect on him?

i think it's could be a combination of that and the fact that he's got a couple of young kiddies now ,your out look on things change .i don t think he's got the hunger anymore to mix it aggressively. But the guys won 3 world titles broke most things in his body so hats off to him .just wish he could gate consistently like Hancock because once he's in front it takes a bloody good rider to pass him

6 minutes ago, r8gdp said:

i think it's could be a combination of that and the fact that he's got a couple of young kiddies now ,your out look on things change .i don t think he's got the hunger anymore to mix it aggressively. But the guys won 3 world titles broke most things in his body so hats off to him .just wish he could gate consistently like Hancock because once he's in front it takes a bloody good rider to pass him

Personally I think he's got a really good chance of winning it now, Laguta and Janowski are up and down as usual, Zmarlik has not been doing a great deal away from Gorzow this season, Emil is out of it, I think it'll be between Woffy, Madsen & Freddie... maybe Zmarzlik

28 minutes ago, Ben91 said:

I see what you’re saying, my point was more aimed at the fact that the winner of the meeting now gets the most points, on a meeting by meeting basis. Which isn’t a bad thing in my eyes. Of course we’ve had four rounds and four different winners. Out of those winners Freddie has been the most consistent in getting to the final in the other meetings so is rightly top of the pile right now. 

Without doing the sums I’d assume under the old system that Zmarzlik would be well clear now? If that was the case I’d dare say the series would be a foregone conclusion already. As it is, we could have a completely different complexion this time next week. As a neutral fan that is exciting. 

Zmarzlik would be 6 pts clear of Janowski under the old system

1 2 3 4 Total Pts +/- % Old Rank New Rank Rank Diff
Freddie Lindgren 10 11 14 17 52 66 14 27% 3 1 2
Bartosz Zmarzlik 11 14 20 14 59 59 0 0% 1 2 -1
Maciej Janowski 17 19 8 9 53 57 4 8% 2 3 -1
Tai Woffinden 12 15 12 11 50 53 3 6% 4 4 0
Leon Madsen 13 7 12 15 47 50 3 6% 5 5 0
Artem Laguta 20 13 7 3 43 45 2 5% 6 6 0
Jason Doyle 5 3 12 16 36 42 6 17% 8 7 1
Emil Sayfutdinov 11 6 6 13 36 36 0 0% 8 8 0
Martin Vaculik 11 4 13 12 40 35 -5 -13% 7 9 -2
Matej Zagar 6 4 8 5 23 27 4 17% 10 10 0
Max Fricke 2 8 4 8 22 24 2 9% 12 11 1
Niels-Kristian Iversen 3 11 6 3 23 24 1 4% 10 11 -1
Mikkel Michelsen 5 7 5 2 19 18 -1 -5% 13 13 0
Gleb Chugunov 6 8     14 16 2 14% 15 14 1
Patryk Dudek 5 7 3 1 16 16 0 0% 14 14 0
Anders Thomsen     4 6 10 10 0 0% 16 16 0
Antonio Lindback 1 1 2 3 7 6 -1 -14% 17 17 0
  • Thanks 1

Lindgren is the biggest winner under new system so far with vaculick being the biggest loser 

Can see Freddie going on to win this year, the most consistent rider , can see him making semis and finals In the last four rounds .

47 minutes ago, iainb said:

Personally I think he's got a really good chance of winning it now, Laguta and Janowski are up and down as usual, Zmarlik has not been doing a great deal away from Gorzow this season, Emil is out of it, I think it'll be between Woffy, Madsen & Freddie... maybe Zmarzlik

Woffy’s definitely in the mix I’d say. A couple of better semi-final results over the weekend and he’d be sitting even prettier right now. I still make Bartosz favourite. 

15 minutes ago, Ben91 said:

Woffy’s definitely in the mix I’d say. A couple of better semi-final results over the weekend and he’d be sitting even prettier right now. I still make Bartosz favourite. 

Woffy is going for the “slow and steady wins the race” method.Dont like the scoring system but if Freddie wins Championship I wouldn’t mind as he is a rider Who gives his all every race.

I am not sure about the scoring system, but it’s not ruining it for me! and speedway is often run on a gimmick stipulation, league racing has for years now been run using play offs which is a gimmick that can allow a team to come from nowhere to steal the top prize, same now in GP, have an average meeting, scrape into the semi finals, go on to win it and boom 20 points.

The difference is though, league play offs are decided effectively over 2 meetings, Grand Prix’s are decided over 8 but often more.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, lucifer sam said:

Yup.  Twice rides Madsen hard and cries when it's done back!

Spot on Rob .. he was also  hard on Freddie on the second lap .. Sadly you have people who can't see pass the team they support 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, iainb said:

I disagree, Lindgren is now 14 points and 2 places in the rankings better off than he would have been under the old system and has only won 1 GP.

Who cares? The "old system" is no longer used! We need to stop comparing things to the way they were, whether it was last year, 1976, or pre-war.

The system is now identical to qualifiers in other sports, and nobody bitches about them.

The important thing is that it is the same for everyone...

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, chunky said:

Who cares? The "old system" is no longer used! We need to stop comparing things to the way they were, whether it was last year, 1976, or pre-war.

The system is now identical to qualifiers in other sports, and nobody bitches about them.

I care... You don't, a few others will and a few others won't.

I'm just comparing as it's an obvious topic of discussion

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, chunky said:

Every rule race rider was better in the old days .. surely you know that ? how long have you been on this forum ? :D

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, iainb said:

I care... You don't, a few others will and a few others won't.

I'm just comparing as it's an obvious topic of discussion

That's fine comparing things, and I love stats. However, you just seem to be posting things to show how riders are benefiting or being screwed by the new system. Do it in reverse, and you can tell everybody who was benefiting or being screwed by the old system!

2 hours ago, topaz325 said:

Can see Freddie going on to win this year, the most consistent rider , can see him making semis and finals In the last four rounds .

Depends what you mean by consistent (certainly not points scoring in main meeting)but not his fault to be 14 points up on his actual total.

• Like 1