British Speedway Forum
auntie doris

Football 2020/21

22 hours ago, The Cheese said:

Well done Brentford. 

Bournemouth's time-wasting was absolutely pathetic, Begovic in particular was a complete embarrassment

Wasn’t really bothered who won was just hoping for a good match but after Begovic’s antics following the  penalty I only wanted Bournemouth to lose 

• Like 2

On 5/22/2021 at 3:00 PM, The Cheese said:

Well done Brentford. 

Bournemouth's time-wasting was absolutely pathetic, Begovic in particular was a complete embarrassment

Almost as embarrassing as that scruffy vagrant who somehow got into Brentford's technical area and spent the whole game kicking things and trying to mend his broken watch by tapping it. Luckily he managed to mend it before the Bee's started running down the clock ;)

Seriously though, I've no complaint with the result. Brentford did the double over Bournemouth in the league fixtures and finished 10 points ahead in the table so any other result would have been an injustice in my book. If our overpaid prima donnas hadn't downed tools halfway through the season in order to throw another manager under a bus perhaps they could have gone up automatically.

Penalty decision was a joke though. How can the ref give that one and not the one at the other end where Pinnock's  shape as he jumped and brought his hand down on the ball was more unnatural than Kelly who was trying to avoid the ball hitting his arm.

Chelsea were somewhat fortunate this afternoon.. :drink::t:

Hard lines Leicester.. 

• Like 2

And so the PL is over for another year, Man City deserved Champions while Sheff Utd, WBA and Fulham go down. I was hoping Leicester would take one of the CL places but it wasn't to be.

As for Newcastle, they ended the season well and finished 17pts clear of the relegation zone, which after Brighton away a few weeks ago looked impossible.  Big summer coming up where hopefully we will start a new season with new owners.

• Like 1

Leicester City Bottle Job FC 

3 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

And yet as it stands they’ve won more this season than Moneybags United.  :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

They do have a trophy in the cupboard though.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, screm said:

And so the PL is over for another year, Man City deserved Champions while Sheff Utd, WBA and Fulham go down. I was hoping Leicester would take one of the CL places but it wasn't to be.

As for Newcastle, they ended the season well and finished 17pts clear of the relegation zone, which after Brighton away a few weeks ago looked impossible.  Big summer coming up where hopefully we will start a new season with new owners.

Willock, on loan from The Arsenal, scored a record 7 in a row.

Poor season for The Gunners, finishing below The Pensioners, Spammers and Spuds, first time for many years. Only positives, 3rd.best defence in league, and 3rd.in table on results since Xmas. Man U equal Arsenal's record of whole season unbeaten away. Leicester miss out on top 4 again. The top 11 teams miles in front of the rest. Great to see fans back. Congrats to Man City, and goodbye Aguerooooo, they were by far the best side.

Well done Sutton United, National League Champions, will be playing Swindon in League 2 next season.

Edited by auntie doris
  • Like 2

Leicester only have themselves to blame unfortunately, they have run out of steam two seasons running now. That said they have a trophy and the Europa League is much more winnable for them than the Champions League. 

Touching moments at the end at Molineux as Nuno is given a warm send off by the fans, players and staff. Whoever is incoming has something to live up to.

Typical Wolves this year though. Plenty of possession but toothless once Traore limped off. Plus another VAR decision against us. 

Glad to see the end of this season. And little old Brechin got relegated.

• Like 2

Up The County 

What a Play Off Semi Final 

Ellison with a screamer 

5 hours ago, DC2 said:

And yet as it stands they’ve won more this season than Moneybags United.  :D

5 hours ago, screm said:

They do have a trophy in the cupboard though.

Every fan loves a trophy, I get that. But they've been top 4 longest in this seasons PL, 2 years running, it is total Bottle Job FC. 

Let's be real, League Cup & FA Cup are (at great shame) dead trophies. Top clubs do not respect these tournaments any more. 

1 hour ago, salty said:

Touching moments at the end at Molineux as Nuno is given a warm send off by the fans, players and staff. Whoever is incoming has something to live up to.

Typical Wolves this year though. Plenty of possession but toothless once Traore limped off. Plus another VAR decision against us

Glad to see the end of this season. And little old Brechin got relegated.

:lol:

100% correct decision & that's exactly what VAR is there for. The referee missed it & VAR advised. Absolutely nothing controversial at all. 

Cobblers. Minimal contact. He did another couple of paces before he dived.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/12/2021 at 10:49 AM, Daniel Smith said:

Scousers are in meltdown :lol:

I remember all the comments that they'd be never playing Europa League again :lol:

Hahahahaha 3rd place for the worst reigning champions ever.......Remind me, where did Man Ure finish in 2013/14 after their last Premier League title in 2012/13?

(I will give you a clue ....it was between 6 and 8:t:):rofl::rofl::rofl:

Edited by scottyfan
  • Haha 2