British Speedway Forum
auntie doris

Football 2020/21

Don’t think we’ve got any Man City fans on here, have we?

Most speedway supporters must be too old to have started eating their prawn sandwiches ten years ago.  :D

Anybody seen John Terry on the Chelsea celebrations with the Cup???

Posted (edited)

Thinking today of my late brother who did not live to see Brentford in Premier League. Recall he and I going to an away game at Chesterfield in the sixties. By chance the team were on the same train, all had cheap day returns and carried the kit basket themselves from the train to the ground. How times have changed

Edited by wealdstone
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Thinking today of my late brother who did not live to see Brentford in Premier League. Recall hew and I going to an away game at Chesterfield in the sixties. By chance the team were on the same train, all had cheap day returns and carried the kit basket themselves from the train to the ground. How times have changed

Too right. Day Returns are no longer cheap!  :D

Just like Liverpool last season, this seasons City side was supposed to be one of the greatest. 

Keep dreaming :lol::lol:

1999 Live On 

Ancelotti does an average job at Everton, ends up back with Real Madrid... how the mighty have fallen 

Southgate picks all 4 RB's for the final squad :rofl:

Ramsdale, White, Godfrey, Ward-Prowse, Lingard, Watkins and Greenwood are the 7 to miss out.

4 minutes ago, The Cheese said:

Ramsdale, White, Godfrey, Ward-Prowse, Lingard, Watkins and Greenwood are the 7 to miss out.

After recent performances I reckon that Sterling, Rashford and Alexander-Arnold are lucky to survive the cut. I don't hold high hopes for us with Southgate in charge. Let's hopes I am completely wrong ¡

9 minutes ago, The Cheese said:

Particularly harsh on Lingard being excluded and Henderson in!

Posted (edited)

Would have had Godfrey (for Mings) and Watkins (for Trippier or Alexander-Arnold) myself. Either Lingard or Ward-Prowse for Coady too, I don't think he's good enough in a back 4. There's 10 defenders there plus Henderson has played mostly at CB this season and Saka who can cover LB, it's way too many.

Mings is the worst though, he's not even the best English CB at Villa. Konsa, Dunk, Tomori, Tarkowski are all better CBs who didn't even make the initial squad. 

If Maguire can prove he's fully fit I would go with;

Pickford

James - Stones - Maguire - Shaw

Bellingham - Rice

Sancho - Mount - Foden

Kane

edit;

Lingard left out but Southgate says he'll start tomorrow's friendly? Completely lost the plot.. let's just get knocked out early, give him the sack and get someone competent in the job before the World Cup :rolleyes:

Edited by The Cheese
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, The Cheese said:

Henderson has played mostly at CB this season 

Oh really?  Don’t think anyone who makes that statement can be taken seriously on the subject of English football 

Edited by Midland Red
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Midland Red said:

Oh really?  Don’t think anyone who makes that statement can be taken seriously on the subject of English football 

Okay.. if we're being exact he's played 13 in midfield and 8 at CB in the league. Point still stands that it's a joke to take 10 defenders when you have him and Saka as well

wouldn't have taken Mings seeing as 2 of the right backs are also good c/backs. Doubt we'll play 442 so TAA prob wing back if he plays which I doubt. We'd have a chance with a decent manager but not with this bloke. If he is playing Lindgard in the friendlies its completely mental. As a Boro fan I watched him take a EUFA cup final team to relegation paying 8mil for fat useless Mido in the process. Christ knows how he got the job.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, The Cheese said:

Pickford

James - Stones - Maguire - Shaw

Bellingham - Rice

Sancho - Mount - Foden

Kane

Good looking side. Chilwell for Shaw for me.

And Lingard and Grealish should be on the bench as the alternatives to Bellingham and Mount.

Edited by DC2

As a Wolves fan and one who has the highest admiration for Coady, I'd agree that he's not good enough for a back four. However, if we're going with a back 3/5 then he's ideal for the central role. 

To answer ch958. His face fits.

• Like 1