British Speedway Forum
auntie doris

Football 2020/21

3 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Come on you Gulls;)

Sorry but despite being from down that way I just cannot support Osborne in anything, so c'mon County.

Walsall 0 Swindon 0  :D

Rubbish.  

Decent game

Switzerland were a lot better than us, tactically and with the ball, chances created.

Have to be happy taking a point as a result. 

Both games in the Wales group show exactly why it's better to try and win a game.

Torquay 4 Notts County 2..Go Gulls

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, CrystalCastles said:

Decent game

Switzerland were a lot better than us, tactically and with the ball, chances created.

Have to be happy taking a point as a result. 

Both games in the Wales group show exactly why it's better to try and win a game.

It looks like three turkeys and the Italians!

33 minutes ago, DC2 said:

It looks like three turkeys and the Italians!

Yes well you wouldn't be wrong.

Italy should win group A easily. Everybody else is pretty close in footballing standards.

All thoughts with Christian Eriksen now. hopefully he will be ok.

• Like 1

Talk sport reporting Eriksen is in a stable condition. Hope to God that is correct.

They have a photo up which seems to show him awake.

Terrible to watch, hoping he makes full recovery :(

• Like 1

I didn't actually see him go down, but the Finnish players immediately called for the medics, which was worrying. I've never seen anything like that, and the longer it went on, the worse I was feeling.

Absolutely terrible to watch...

That's the worst thing I've seen on a football pitch, glad to see some positive reports and hopefully he makes a full recovery. It's just been announced the game will resume at 7.30 which I don't think is right but at least suggests that Eriksen is doing okay. 

I know the BBC are taking the world feed so don't have control of what is being filmed but staying with the pictures for so long was absolutely disgraceful. Zooming in on his face, showing the CPR and even focusing on his wife. Shameful. :angry:

• Like 1

Seems like the crowd is still there. Finnish fans singing Christian and the Danes replying with Eriksen. 

8 minutes ago, The Cheese said:

I know the BBC are taking the world feed so don't have control of what is being filmed but staying with the pictures for so long was absolutely disgraceful. Zooming in on his face, showing the CPR and even focusing on his wife. Shameful. :angry:

Well, we were getting the feed here, but they weren't staying with the pictures. In fact, they never even replayed Eriksen going down.

I will admit, when the medics first came on, we did get a quick view of his face - which was one of the worst things I have ever seen...

49 minutes ago, The Cheese said:

That's the worst thing I've seen on a football pitch, glad to see some positive reports and hopefully he makes a full recovery. It's just been announced the game will resume at 7.30 which I don't think is right but at least suggests that Eriksen is doing okay. 

Hopefully it will make live broadcasters and football come up with some procedure for dealing with unforeseen circumstances.

Left all of the commentating & studio team on the spot as well

Posted (edited)

Surprised to see that they've restarted the match with Finland leading one nil, the players must still be feeling like crap having been with Eriksson when he collapsed. 

Best wishes to Chris, fingers crossed he recovers well. Apparently he's concious and stabilized in hospital which is good to hear.

Edited by jrs