British Speedway Forum
auntie doris

Football 2020/21

3 hours ago, The Cheese said:

Finishing 2nd is only good if you look at the very short-term. It's on paper an easier last 16 game but much tougher after that plus you lose the advantage of playing at Wembley and end up with the extra travel to Russia for the quarter-final.

You have to play a top side at some point, it would be cowardly to essentially throw a game to avoid one in the next game. Southgate should be confident and trust his players to be able to beat Portugal/Germany.

Although there is a decent chance Germany top their pool (basically if portugal can draw with france), which means England finishing second would mean a much easier 2nd round game and the  Germany in the quarters.

As opposed to potentially meeting France in the round of 16. 

5 minutes ago, waiheke1 said:

Although there is a decent chance Germany top their pool (basically if portugal can draw with france), which means England finishing second would mean a much easier 2nd round game and the  Germany in the quarters.

As opposed to potentially meeting France in the round of 16. 

I think I’d rather play anyone at Wembley than a theoretically easier match abroad.

Not that England are any good atm.

2 hours ago, DC2 said:

I think I’d rather play anyone at Wembley than a theoretically easier match abroad.

If they had an inspirational manager they could be very good. Am afraid Southgate is far too negative for me, although at the world cup England did at times play good positive football.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow and what may come afterwards.

Munich have the stadium colour scheme for their game against Orban's boys :D Might upset one or two, and probably any travelling Carpathian Brigade members

Bunte Allianz Arena zum Christopher Street Day in München, 2018

• Like 2

If this contact was any closer they would probably have to get married...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DC2 said:

This, we have to top the group as it will be our last game, then at least the player's can face the justified boo's & apologise to the fans for being so s#!t. Finger's crossed that pr!ck Southgate gets put in the bin. 

Now confirmed that Mount and Chilwell have to be left out tonight and could also miss the Last 16 match. 

I guess Gilmour doesn't have any friends in the Scotland camp because clearly nobody has been near him in the last few days :D

• Like 1

would you not have expected one of the dozens of England staff to warn them not to do what they did

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, ch958 said:

would you not have expected one of the dozens of England staff to warn them not to do what they did

It’s been going on all season players hugging and kissing before and after games :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Just now, topaz325 said:

It’s been going on all season players hugging and kissing before and after games :rolleyes:

the issue was it was in the tunnel, therefore 'inside'. If they had conversed on the pitch all would have been well

1 hour ago, ch958 said:

the issue was it was in the tunnel, therefore 'inside'. If they had conversed on the pitch all would have been well

Is that right?

A face to face conversion less than a metre apart lasting a minute is assessed as risky whether inside or outside, isn’t it?

The whole thing is plain stupid.

Seems after protests from Hungary and it also upset one or two right wingers in the AfD as well, EUFA have put a stop to Munichs plans to light up the stadium in rainbow colours. 5 other stadiums at least in Germany will do so instead, including the Olympic stadium in Berlin.

But Munich wondered if these rainbow colours would be more to EUFA's liking ?

Ist möglicherweise ein Bild von Text „KOMPROMISS GEFUNDEN: AUF DIESE REGENBOGENFARBEN KANN SICH DIE UEFA EINLASSEN. - 20 10 209 20 200 20 Allianz Arena browser ballett“

And that after EUFA in 2019 announced it would be a tournament for everyone and used a rainbow.....

Ist möglicherweise ein Bild von Text „UEFA @UEFA Proud that #EURO2020 မ will be everyone #EqualGame tournament for Archivbild Hase, Tobias dpa Foto: 2019: UEFA kündigt Fußball-EM 2021 als „Turnier für alle" an 2021: UEFA untersagt Regenbogen-Beleuchtung Beleuchtung der Arena in München AllianzArena zdfheute Quelle: twitter.com/UEFA“

I wish Southgate would have the courage to rest Kane and drop Sterling. Calvert Lewin could play, Grealish and maybe Sancho or Bellingham in. One defensive midfielder, maybe rest the Leeds lad. He could always bring Kane on at 60 mins if its not going well but to me he clearly needs a rest

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1