British Speedway Forum
auntie doris

Football 2020/21

so English fans being stopped by the Italians from travelling to Rome, wait and see the double standards when 1000s of Italians invade Wembley ...

Rubbish Southgate:party:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Attendance should be limitied to 1000 socially distanced in groups of 6 people (max) all wearing masks for the entire  match.  No shouting or singing to be permitted for fear of spreading the virus.

Can’t argue with that excellent performance, but it does always take a goal before we realise that 30 passes across the back four wins you nothing.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, auntie doris said:

And rubbish Sterling...

On 7/2/2021 at 10:36 PM, DC2 said:

Didn’t watch all the game but I can forgive this Italian team almost anything for their attacking ambition and speed of passing compared to every previous Italian side and ..... er ...... England.

They have played great, which makes it all the more disappointing and unnecessary to do what they do. At one point during added time there was three of them lying down and feigning injury.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Grachan said:

They have played great, which makes it all the more disappointing and unnecessary to do what they do. At one point during added time there was three of them lying down and feigning injury.

Fair enough. Jubilant Spaniards made it difficult for me to concentrate on the game.

Although, of course, every modern footballer feigns mortal injury when a gnat farts within thirty yards, including England until we were 4-0 up!

I turned on towards the end of play and quickly turned off again when there was balatant time wasting going on from both sides with square passing.

Just now, steve roberts said:

I turned on towards the end of play and quickly turned off again when there was balatant time wasting going on from both sides with square passing.

England start time-wasting straight from kick off!  :D

Contrast that with our sharp exchange of forward passing from when it was 4-0 in the 66th minute.  If only we could shake up our game and start that from the first minute.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Contrast that with our sharp exchange of forward passing from when it was 4-0 in the 66th minute.  If only we could shake up our game and start that from the first minute.

I guess Denmark will give England something to think about?

5 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

I guess Denmark will give England something to think about?

SAGE are predicting there will be 24,000 goals in the semi-final...:)

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Frustrating as it is to watch - in one match they were even passing back to the goalkeeper from corners! - it's probably a sensible tactic to conserve energy and remain relatively fresh right through the tournament.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Frustrating as it is to watch - in one match they were even passing back to the goalkeeper from corners! - it's probably a sensible tactic to conserve energy and remain relatively fresh right through the tournament.

I take that but it does amuse me when people start moaning about the amount of "time wasting" that apparently goes on in speedway what with riders gardening, "tractor racing" and cooling clutches after a false start, gaps between races etc...very different scenarios I know but both rely on a certain amount of spectator endurance powers although personally I never had issues with gaps between races.

Edited by steve roberts

16 hours ago, auntie doris said:

Pierce Sweeney, Swindon signing from Exeter, has left after less than a month at the club. The new manager left after a month, unpaid wages in June, problems with ownership and takeover, rent not paid to Council.:(

Sounds like he might be coming back to Exeter. Stupid decision from him to join Swindon in the first place tbh, a slight bit of research would be enough for anyone to realise they're a complete basket case at the moment. 

Hopefully things get sorted out there soon or it could be another Bury situation 

13 hours ago, auntie doris said:

3 hours ago, waiheke1 said:

And rubbish Sterling...

It's all about opinion. Southgate I will concede is winning me round. Stirling however is doing my head in. His lack of passing ability is making me want to smash my TV. Apart from his goals his actually game play has been poor more often than not, the reason Guardiola is leaving him out the City team. 

Saying all that, why is Southgate bringing Rashford on, he's been ridiculously gready, playing desperate to do something special every time. 

• Like 2