Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
auntie doris

Football 2020/21

Recommended Posts

Up The Flaming Lynn :D

The Canaries ticking over nicely too, really tight at the top of the Championship though as usual. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Up The Flaming Lynn :D

The Canaries ticking over nicely too, really tight at the top of the Championship though as usual. 

Keeping pressure on Reading - what on earth has happened to them recently?

Share this post


Link to post

As a Southampton supporter of almost 60 years, I've now seen something that I never, ever in my wildest dreams thought I'd see. A Premier League table with the name Southampton at the top. In the current troubled times, that's certainly brought a smile to my cheeks. It's just a shame that no one can see it through the face mask!

Just another 24 points or so and they should be safe for another season :party:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ancient mariner said:

As a Southampton supporter of almost 60 years, I've now seen something that I never, ever in my wildest dreams thought I'd see. A Premier League table with the name Southampton at the top. In the current troubled times, that's certainly brought a smile to my cheeks. It's just a shame that no one can see it through the face mask!

Just another 24 points or so and they should be safe for another season :party:

Good to see the Saints doing well, and Theo is enjoying life back at St.Marys again, with that silly hairstyle:D

Leeds defence awful, what a Koch up.Chelsea's far better for signing Silva. Man U are a cracking away side, looking like Everton and Villa slipping down now.

Saw in paper WBA, Sheff U, Burnley still winless after 7 games, but QPR went 16 games before winning in 2012/13!!!

 

Edited by auntie doris

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Up The Flaming Lynn :D

The Canaries ticking over nicely too, really tight at the top of the Championship though as usual. 

Cup shock  great result. Championship looks wide open, could relegated trio go back up?

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, auntie doris said:

Cup shock  great result. Championship looks wide open, could relegated trio go back up?

When Eddie Howe left, everyone on here said that the Cherries were done. I said I still fancied them to go straight back up, and they are certainly in contention.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, chunky said:

Keeping pressure on Reading - what on earth has happened to them recently?

I think they are levelling off to where they should be, they made a far better start than their squad would have suggested. I think promotion is very open this year, unusually all three relegated clubs have started well but there are lots of big clubs who have also performed well as well as a few smaller ones. It’s going to be intriguing as always, it’s the most interesting league in the world for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Cup shock  great result. Championship looks wide open, could relegated trio go back up?

Quite possible but Boro, Stoke and one or two others look good. Wide open I’d say. 

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Quite possible but Boro, Stoke and one or two others look good. Wide open I’d say. 

Warnock's mob have only let in 5..Blackburn score loads.

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, chunky said:

When Eddie Howe left, everyone on here said that the Cherries were done. I said I still fancied them to go straight back up, and they are certainly in contention.

What's happened to Eddie, once tipped as Arsenal and England boss.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Up The Flaming Lynn :D

The Canaries ticking over nicely too, really tight at the top of the Championship though as usual. 

Remember Kings Lynn winning at Coventry City in 1961 in the 2nd round.

A few days later, one JWT Hill was installed as manager at Highfield Road, and the Sky Blues were born

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

What's happened to Eddie, once tipped as Arsenal and England boss.

Spent too much money on Liverpool players :rofl:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Warnock's mob have only let in 5..Blackburn score loads.

Good old Colin always gets a tune out of any side he manages, O’Neill has got Stoke going nicely too. Brentford, Swansea and Bristol City will all be there or thereabouts too. Maybe Luton as a dark horse. 

Those with deeper squads are likely to prosper with games coming so thick and fast this season. Players already struggling in the thinner ones from what I’ve read here and there. 

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Up The Flaming Lynn :D

The Canaries ticking over nicely too, really tight at the top of the Championship though as usual. 

Clubs like Kings Lynn will be hit should they make the third round, and if there is empty stadiums. A third round tie away at Man Utd, Liverpool etc can be life savers for clubs down the leagues.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Heartbreaking for Torquay and Hayes & Yeading... Great result for Chorley though.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy