British Speedway Forum
auntie doris

Football 2020/21

Just now, DC2 said:

Hurlock, Cascarino, Sheringham, Harris spring to mind.  They were Millwall, were they?

You missed Arry Cripps! Not in the same league as Adams, Campbell, Wrighty, Merse, Seaman, George, though

Neil Ruddock of course if only for his tv gigs

Just now, YerRopes said:

Tim Cahill wasn't bad either.. 

Was trying to think of him. We had a good lot who went on to bigger things around that time, along with Mark Kennedy and Jimmy Carter as examples

40 minutes ago, YerRopes said:

Tim Cahill wasn't bad either.. 

Excellent..although I think it's only Barry Kitchener that has a stand named after him. Although we went into the Harry Cripps bar in the stand, main stand. The Dockers stand is opposite. 

On 12/2/2020 at 12:25 PM, DC2 said:

Who are “we”?

Been having problems with internet so a slightly late reply but Bagpuss was correct!

Managed another 3 at Cheltenham on Saturday albeit whilst conceding 5 :D

• Like 2

8 hours ago, iris123 said:

Not sure if Fash was the first, but he is famous enough. Without mentioning Chicken George who came a couple of years later

Babb, who was a neighbour of one of my Celtic pals in Balham also went on to play for Liverpool and Ireland. 2nd from left at the back

Millwall Squad 1989/90

Still remembered fondly at Oxford Utd.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Still remembered fondly at Oxford Utd.

Remember him playing for Southampton, top player for them

• Like 1

Another win for County who remain top in League 2

Terrible from United. 3 good games in the CL and 3 abysmal. Did all the hard work to get in a good position and then messed it up. But we arent anywhere near good enough to compete in the CL  so probably for the best. 

Hopefully they take the Europa League seriously but doubt that they will, as they are barely capable of playing well for 45 minutes once a week.

9 hours ago, CrystalCastles said:

Another win for County who remain top in League 2

Terrible from United. 3 good games in the CL and 3 abysmal. Did all the hard work to get in a good position and then messed it up. But we arent anywhere near good enough to compete in the CL  so probably for the best. 

Hopefully they take the Europa League seriously but doubt that they will, as they are barely capable of playing well for 45 minutes once a week.

The game that cost Utd was in Turkey.But to be honest when the draw was made i only expected Utd to finish 3rd anyway behind last years finalists and semi finalists.

Ole needs to field what he thinks is his best team and system and stick with it,not keep changing it week in week out.

Bloody Thursdays now,and i work Thursday evenings.Maybe a blessing in disguise:unsure:

• Like 1

My son is a ManU fan, so the future doesn't look good :D

My eldest daughter started supporting Hamburg and then they went into their worst period in their history, getting relegated for the first time ever and staying down.....

Unfortunately I have a bad feeling my other daughter is a secret Celtic fan.......:unsure:

Realistically that's probably the best result for Man Utd....... they'd probably be 2nd in that group even if they had won last night, with a 2nd round game against Bayern, Real (maybe), Juventus or Dortmund to come....... they were never going to win the Champions League this season, but they may just do ok in the Europa

2 hours ago, Blupanther said:

Is that because Millwall fans thought “Kick It Out” supported bovver booted skinheads?  :D

• Haha 2