British Speedway Forum
auntie doris

Football 2020/21

11 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Just a guess, but wouldn’t the fourth official have known the names and numbers of the subs?

It wasn’t any sub, but one of the training team.....

19 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Just a guess, but wouldn’t the fourth official have known the names and numbers of the subs?

IRIS has rightly corrected me (not a sub) but an actual answer to your question would probably be no if they if they were wrapped in hoodies, etc as most are in this weather. We are not talking about a Neymar...

13 hours ago, DC2 said:

It’s a difficult one, isn’t it?

Our generation sees no harm in using “black” as an identifying word for a person.

But the younger generation says we should not differentiate by colour - we literally shouldn’t see it - and therefore he should have used a different characteristic to identify him, a name or number, or just point or walk over to him

What's confusing and contradictory is when a 'black' person refers to themselves as 'black' which I've heard said on a number of occasions? Afteral the recent marches and/or protests used the motto "Black Lives Matter"? My mother who worked in a llbrary overheard an asian and west indian (if we can still call them that?) referring to each other in racial derogatory terms and when she interupted them saying "You can't use language like that" their response was "We can but you can't". Double standards.

Edited by steve roberts

10 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

What's confusing and contradictory is when a 'black' person refers to themselves as 'black' which I've heard said on a number of occasions? My mother who worked in a llbrary overheard an asian and west indian (if we can still call them that?) referring to each other in racial terms and when she interupted them saying "You can't use language like that" their response was "We can but you can't". Double standards.

Reminds me of the Tommy Tiernan story

• Like 2

RIP Paolo Rossi.  

Shady past with match-fixing, but that hat-trick versus Brazil in '82 lit up a brilliant game.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, frigbo said:

RIP Paolo Rossi.  

Shady past with match-fixing, but that hat-trick versus Brazil in '82 lit up a brilliant game.

Best player in the 82 World Cup..Italy World Champions...R.I.P.

1 minute ago, auntie doris said:

Best player in the 82 World Cup..Italy World Champions...R.I.P.

I’d say Socrates, Cerezo, Falcao, Zico and Junior were better players than him.

But he was a great goal scorer.

4 hours ago, DC2 said:

I’d say Socrates, Cerezo, Falcao, Zico and Junior were better players than him.

But he was a great goal scorer.

So was Jimmy Greaves! :)

19 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

JUST one point ... think the player he was referring to (Ba) was a sub and was well wrapped up on the touchline and could not be identified by his shirt.

Yep...

1st sub was (Ba)

2nd sub was (Ba).....

4th sub was (Sheep)...

Can't recall who the 3rd sub was... :(

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

THE best I ever saw ... despite being born and bred down south, my cousin and supported Blackpool. Greaves made his Tottenham debut against them. Hat-trick!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, steve roberts said:

And Don Rogers:D

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Derek Possee 

47 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Derek Possee 

Possee and Weller, Spurs and Wall, good wingers, scored loads of goals. I also liked Barry Bridges, Alf Wood, Bryan King, Eamon Dunphy, Arry Cripps, Alex Stepney, and Lurch, from their 60s/ 70s sides, blue and white stripes and all white kits.The famous chant of E for B and Arry Cripps from the Cold Blow Lane End.

Edited by auntie doris
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

...but don't tell orion!

24 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Possee and Weller, Spurs and Wall, good wingers. I liked Barry Bridges, Alf Wood, Bryan King, Eamon Dunphy, Arry Cripps, Alex Stepney, and Lurch, from their 60s/ 70s sides, blue and white stripes and all white kits.

As I mentioned before, I was going through the checks at Heathrow on my way to hamburg once and the metal detector went off. So a guy came up with a hand held detector and it went off on my jacket pocket. He asked what I had in there and I said 'oh only a Millwal football badge' and he said ' I used to play for Millwall'. It was Doug Allder from the period you mention 

Edited by iris123
  • Like 2