British Speedway Forum
auntie doris

Football 2020/21

Allardyce's comments on having a break in the season; 

"I'm very concerned for myself and football in general,"

"I am 66 years old and the last thing I want to do is catch Covid.

Obviously entitled to his opinion but nobody forced him back into management if he was that concerned. I'm sure he's got more than enough money to keep him and his family isolated if that's what he wants

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, The Cheese said:

Obviously entitled to his opinion but nobody forced him back into management if he was that concerned. I'm sure he's got more than enough money to keep him and his family isolated if that's what he wants

The guy isa "numpty" , so his comments come as no surprise. If he was to walk away I doubt many would be disappointed.

I  would imagine the majority of WBA fans will understand that the issue at the club is much higher up the ladder than the first team coach.

• Like 1

Tonights match between Fulham and Spurs has been called off due positive Covid cases at Fulham.

6 hours ago, The Cheese said:

This 100%

Another great win for  Brentford . In first 15 mins looked like it could have been 5  -0 defeat.  Turned it around superbly

• Like 1

Was hoping for a draw ;) but a Brentford win better than a Bournemouth victory. Very open league once again, you could probably argue strongly that half a dozen teams could realistically grab an automatic spot and another five or six have a chance of reaching the Play Offs. 

• Like 1

The home game v Norwich followed  a similar pattern.  Norwich   threatened to overwhelm  early on  but in the end got a draw with a deflection at the death.

Another Liverpool draw to a lesser side... really is there for the taking this season . Utd may not get a better chance for years.

What a way to hit back at the Scousers it would be if we were to win it this season!

His wife has hinted at it but as far as Jimmy Greaves and his award is concerned to my mind too little too late. I would be tempted to tell them to stuff it. Unlikely that he is well enough to collect it anyway

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wealdstone said:

His wife has hinted at it but as far as Jimmy Greaves and his award is concerned to my mind too little too late. I would be tempted to tell them to stuff it. Unlikely that he is well enough to collect it anyway

Yes I would agree somewhat late for England's fourth highest goal scorer and record six hat tricks for England.

• Like 1

Hearing rumours that our old friend Kyle Walker has been up to his old tricks again. City and Fulham matches off fuel the fire. Even a private jet from abroad.

• Like 1

JUST heard that Tommy Docherty has died, aged 92. Uncompromising player (typical Scot:neutral:), funny man (best line 'have more clubs than Jack Nicklaus). When I was still a fairly young budding soccer journo and when he was manager of Chelsea, allowed me to enter Stamford Bridge early, spend time with the players in their lounge and then stand alongside him on the touchline throughout the game. Great guy.

• Like 1

Good old, Tommy. What a character.

• Like 1

Remember when he was managing Derby at Arsenal in the 70s, and having an affair with Mary Brown, the North Bank were singing "Who's up Mary Brown" to the tune of Knees Up Mother Brown:rofl: Ex-Arsenal player...R.I.P. The Doc.

Exeter top scorers in country with 40 goals.