British Speedway Forum
auntie doris

Football 2020/21

I can’t believe that Newcastle chose Steve Bruce.

Has he ever over-achieved?

On the strength of their campaigns last season, why didn’t Ashley go for the Burnley, Sheffield Utd, Wolves, Leicester, Southampton, Leeds or Brighton managers?

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

On the strength of their campaigns last season, why didn’t Ashley go for the Burnley, Sheffield Utd, Wolves, Leicester, Southampton, Leeds or Brighton managers?

There's absolutely no chance those in bold would leave their current job for Newcastle

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DC2 said:

Bruce fits Ashley`s criteria for a manager though, and for that reason Bruce wont be sacked any time soon. Sacking Bruce and his team will cost Ashley in compensation but that cost will be a drop in the ocean if Newcastle are relegated and Ashley loses any chance of a £300m takeover.

Bruce`s reaction to Tuesday`s game, taking from his press conference earlier today 

"We were absolutely frigging hopeless the other night. Absolute rubbishe we were. I’ve let them (the players) be comfortable but the gloves are off now. I’m going to do it my way."

VAR : 'Not handball, no penalty':rofl:

Er2uTO5XAAAChXW?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Like 1

With Brighton winning at Leeds and WBA winning at Wolves, its been a poor day for Newcastle without even kicking a ball. Hopefully Fulham wont make it a hat trick of wins as they kick off against Chelsea.

• Like 1

There's 9 clubs with minus goal difference that could be fighting relegation, with Leeds, Wolves, Newcastle struggling, and others improving will be interesting battle at top and bottom.

Good away win for The Addicks,  but defeats for The Wall and The Town.

Decent point for United & Liverpool 

City have a very good run of Fixtures in January.

David Beckham employs Phil Neville. Clever people employ cleverer ones. “Y’aright, Dave, I’ve done really well with England Women and fancy a nice package in Miami”.  :D

On 1/16/2021 at 1:13 PM, Wolfsbane said:

VAR : 'Not handball, no penalty':rofl:

Er2uTO5XAAAChXW?format=jpg&name=900x900

Looking at that still i would have thought VAR would have come up with the decision is that they both need a visit to the toilet:rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tellboy said:

Looking at that still i would have thought VAR would have come up with the decision is that they both need a visit to the toilet:rolleyes:

To be fair, it’s because the West Brom player is seeing a mullet for the first time.  :D

Although, of course, they’ll be all the rage very soon, such is the tribe-like characteristic of “fashion”.

Up the Arsenal..Smith Rowe far better than Ozil. Saka Aubummerbang Tierney Partey outstanding.

3 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Up the Arsenal..Smith Rowe far better than Ozil. Saka Aubummerbang Tierney Partey outstanding.

Think this winning streak is just a blip in Arsenal's season,i'm sure they will get back to losing ways soon:P

Edited by tellboy

36 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Think this winning streak is just a blip in Arsenal's season,i'm sure they will get back to losing ways soon:P

Could be right. They’ve never beaten Swindon in a League Cup final.  :D

25 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Could be right. They’ve never beaten Swindon in a League Cup final.  :D

Don Rogers has never been on the losing side in a League Cup Final:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1