British Speedway Forum
auntie doris

Football 2020/21

Feel bad for Auntie Doris today; should have had three points...

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, chunky said:

Feel bad for Auntie Doris today; should have had three points...

To be fair, he supports about five teams and rarely gets 3 points in total, but today Swindon and Charlton gave him 2.  :D

• Haha 1

Bad day for my 5 teams..Arsenal out of cup, Swindon nicked a point at Charlton, Millwall lost, Dulwich and Casuals not in action.:D Cirencester Town top of league but season may be curtailed. Well played Cheltenham.

Edited by auntie doris

When I die I will wear my Newcastle shirt so even God will know I have already been through hell

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, screm said:

When I die I will wear my Newcastle shirt so even God will know I have already been through hell

It could be worse you could be a Sunderland fan:D

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, screm said:

No need to wear your shirt,,, the handle on your back will give it away.  ;)

15 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

It could be worse you could be a Sunderland fan:D

Be in same division next year

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, proud panther said:

Be in same division next year

Um, you don't get relegated from the PL straight into League Two!!! :rofl:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, chunky said:

Um, you don't get relegated from the PL straight into League Two!!! :rofl:

Sunderland could go up:o

Bloody great effort from the Robins of Gloucestershire 1-0 up with 10 minutes left against City. Pity no fans there. Ben Tozer had a superb game, with Alfie May, could be snapped up by a club from a higher division. Tozer had couple of games for The Wiltshire Robins at the start of his career. Local rivals Chelts are Swindon's bogey team, never won there. 

Edited by auntie doris

7 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Bloody great effort from the Robins of Gloucestershire 1-0 up with 10 minutes left. Pity no fans there. Ben Tozer had a superb game, with Alfie May, could be snapped up by a club from a higher division. Tozer had couple of games for The Wiltshire Robins at the start of his career. Local rivals Chelts are Swindon's bogey team, never won there. 

Indeed...the "Black Cats" may well give those "Geordies" a run for their money (which wouldn't be hard!) ;)

• Like 1

Just now, steve roberts said:

Indeed...the "Black Cats" may well give those "Geordies" a run for their money (which wouldn't be hard!) ;)

Newcastle may very well be rotten at the minute but surely we are still way above the level of Sunderland.

Newcastle`s march to relegation under Bruce shows no signs of slowing up. I know stats aren't always everything but some of them that are stacking up against Newcastle are very telling. No wins in 10 in all competitions, 8 in the PL taking just 2pts from a possible 24, its now 398 minutes since Newcastle scored a goal in any competition and they have managed just 1 goal from open play in the 776 minutes. No matter how you dress it up those kind of numbers spell only one thing.

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Bloody great effort from the Robins of Gloucestershire 1-0 up with 10 minutes left against City. Pity no fans there. Ben Tozer had a superb game, with Alfie May, could be snapped up by a club from a higher division. Tozer had couple of games for The Wiltshire Robins at the start of his career. Local rivals Chelts are Swindon's bogey team, never won there. 

By the same token will a number of City’s players be snapped down to League Two?  :D

4 minutes ago, screm said:

Newcastle may very well be rotten at the minute but surely we are still way above the level of Sunderland.

Newcastle`s march to relegation under Bruce shows no signs of slowing up. I know stats aren't always everything but some of them that are stacking up against Newcastle are very telling. No wins in 10 in all competitions, 8 in the PL taking just 2pts from a possible 24, its now 398 minutes since Newcastle scored a goal in any competition and they have managed just 1 goal from open play in the 776 minutes. No matter how you dress it up those kind of numbers spell only one thing.

Although looking at 11 v 11 Sunderland have won 54 and lost 53 against The Mags. My cousin a Mags fan said they're signing a 3rd. Assistant Manager:blink:

1 hour ago, auntie doris said:

Although looking at 11 v 11 Sunderland have won 54 and lost 53 against The Mags. My cousin a Mags fan said they're signing a 3rd. Assistant Manager:blink:

Graham Jones is the guy, he is currently at Bournemouth. I was hoping it was the former Berwick rider but it appears not, though he would've been just as good probably.

Edited by screm
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, screm said:

Graham Jones is the guy, he is currently at Bournemouth. I was hoping it was the former Berwick rider but it appears not, though he would've been just as good probably.

BBC say Eddie Howe is in the frame to replace Bruce.

Personally I think sacked managers should have to prove themselves in a lower division before they get another Premier League appointment.

And they can’t move up a league until they get a side promoted.