British Speedway Forum
auntie doris

Football 2020/21

17 minutes ago, DC2 said:

BBC say Eddie Howe is in the frame to replace Bruce.

Personally I think sacked managers should have to prove themselves in a lower division before they get another Premier League appointment.

And they can’t move up a league until they get a side promoted.

Probably the best manager not in work right now though it might be a situation of the longer Howe stays out of a job the better manager he gets, did a very decent job at Bourenmouth though. My only worry would be the only time he left Bourenmouth was for Burnley, and that last all of ten months before he went back to the south coast again with Bourenmouth. In its current state why would anyone half decent want the Newcastle job. 

5 minutes ago, screm said:

Probably the best manager not in work right now though it might be a situation of the longer Howe stays out of a job the better manager he gets, did a very decent job at Bourenmouth though. My only worry would be the only time he left Bourenmouth was for Burnley, and that last all of ten months before he went back to the south coast again with Bourenmouth. In its current state why would anyone half decent want the Newcastle job. 

My gripe is clubs employing the perennial non-achievers who enjoy the gravy train for no good reason, Allardyce, Bruce, McCarthy, Pardew, Warnock, McLaren etc.

I’d include Moyes too although he seems to have broken his useless streak atm.

If they had to drop down a division and achieve something it might at least give them some credibility.

17 minutes ago, DC2 said:

My gripe is clubs employing the perennial non-achievers who enjoy the gravy train for no good reason, Allardyce, Bruce, McCarthy, Pardew, Warnock, McLaren etc.

If they had to drop down a division and achieve something it might at least give them some credibility.

What do mean under achievers ,, only certain about of cups you can win .. i would say Allardyce ,Warnock have over achieved ..Warnock got Cardiff from the bottom of the division below into the Premier League  ..surely that is what you ask for in your last line .

Allardyce have saved team and team from the drop so its on the gravy train for a good reason 

11 minutes ago, orion said:

What do mean under achievers ,, only certain about of cups you can win .. i would say Allardyce ,Warnock have over achieved ..Warnock got Cardiff from the bottom of the division below into the Premier League  ..surely that is what you ask for in your last line .

Allardyce have saved team and team from the drop so its on the gravy train for a good reason 

Yes, they’ve been so good they’ve been sacked countless times.  :D

Managing 13 and 18 clubs!

Edited by DC2

16 minutes ago, DC2 said:

And so bad employed countless times  .. Good point that becoming England Manager that your a under achiever :D  .

10 minutes ago, orion said:

And so bad employed countless times  .. Good point that becoming England Manager that your a under achiever :D  .

Big Sam

England's most successful manager 100pc win record. Lol

Notlob:

3 top 8 finishes in PL.

13 games in UEFA, only 2 loses.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Sam and Warnock rarely get sacked for doing a bad job it’s just that people don’t always like the way that the team plays. Both good managers at what they do.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, pugwash said:

Big Sam

Notlob:

3 top 8 finishes in PL.

Notlob.

Been a while since I heard that:D

According to Karen Carney you get 3 points for a win.....................in the FA Cup.

BBC, that's what positive discrimination buys you.

An idiot.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

According to Karen Carney you get 3 points for a win.....................in the FA Cup.

An idiot.

To be honest any  tv  station that cover sport have done the same it  has little to do with the BBC .. Carney is the one of the worst to be honest thou 

Edited by orion
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

An idiot.

In fairness it is probably no worse than some of the things Michael Owen has said for example,

In general I would say far to many ex footballers now get offered the chance to work in the media to become pundits, commentators, analysts etc and don't actually have any of the skills for it

Many just say the first thing that comes into their head. 

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, CrystalCastles said:

In fairness it is probably no worse than some of the things Michael Owen has said for example,

In general I would say far to many ex footballers now get offered the chance to work in the media to become pundits, commentators, analysts etc and don't actually have any of the skills for it

Many just say the first thing that comes into their head. 

As long as half the presenters are black so the BBC can't offend anyone:blink::rolleyes::nono:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DC2 said:

In Cup competitions,  12/13 Swansea won the league cup and Wigan the FA Cup.
The last 5 seasons despite some brilliant performances and shocks, The last few years has seen more PL dominance, despite teams not fielding there strongest sides.

• Man City winning 4 League Cups, Man United 1 ,
  • Arsenal winning 2, Man United, Man City, Chelsea 1 each

From a League perspective - in my lifetime we have also gone from a top 2, to the Big 4, to a Top 6, and now arguably a Top 8 (Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton, Leicester, Liverpool, Man City, Man United, Tottenham).

Personally i would say any manager of a team outside of that top 8, that breaks into the top 8 in the league now has over achieved. Realistically they can finish anywhere between 9th and 20th most seasons

Finishing mid table doing as expected, finishing lower mid table or getting relegation battle quite often leads to these type of managers being branded terrible and sacked - but at the same time i don't get what they are actually expected to achieve in the PL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pugwash said:

Big Sam

Notlob:

3 top 8 finishes in PL.

Weren't they the only English team to beat Athletico Madrid? Poor side now though. My old man was an evacuee in Great Lever in ww2. Hammered nails in the fence at Burnden Park to bunk in for nought, just before the disaster.

13 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

As long as half the presenters are black so the BBC can't offend anyone:blink::rolleyes::nono:

True i would agree with you, i think as an organisation the BBC has tried to hard to change things, simply because it is perceived as the right thing.

I don't really agree with any Positive discrimination, i think that people should be employed based on their abilities to do the job.

However i would also say that rather idealistically i hope that we would get a natural representation of how diverse our society as a whole is - but sadly that is not always the case.

• Like 1