British Speedway Forum
auntie doris

Football 2020/21

Our second half v Fulham was a good cure of insomnia. We were inept at times but thankfully created two bits of skills to get the goals. Our second goal was a brilliant passing move. Fulham looked beaten in stark contrast to when they were superb at our place. 

Justin should be under consideration for the next England squad at left-back. He's on far better form than Chilwell. Should be him and Shaw. Probably end up with Eric Dier at left-back. Justin is also versatile can play wing-back or at centre-back, handy for international tournaments. 

43 minutes ago, Hazzman said:

Our second half v Fulham was a good cure of insomnia. We were inept at times but thankfully created two bits of skills to get the goals. Our second goal was a brilliant passing move. Fulham looked beaten in stark contrast to when they were superb at our place. 

Justin should be under consideration for the next England squad at left-back. He's on far better form than Chilwell. Should be him and Shaw. Probably end up with Eric Dier at left-back. Justin is also versatile can play wing-back or at centre-back, handy for international tournaments. 

Agree about Justin.  He looks fast, strong and athletic.

Shaw, though, just doesn’t look right to me, barrel-chested, out of proportion and unbalanced!

14 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Brentford without doubt our biggest threat this season. Massive game at CR on 3rd March. 

Meanwhile small matter of Swansea away on Friday.....

Brentford missing 5 first teamers last night

3 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Brentford missing 5 first teamers last night

We were missing 13 earlier in the season!

Bristol City are gash away from home but you still have to beat them. 

Out of interest, because I only really follow specifics to my club....how many injuries sustained by your club have been soft tissue injuries? 

I don't think we've had a player out with a break or ligaments all season. It's hamstrings and groins. All of differing grades though. We've lamented our injuries all season but when I had Liverpool on last night, I saw Solly March for Brighton suffer a hamstring tear similar to Dennis Praet for us. Outside of Van Dijk, I can't remember many 'breaks'. 

Our main 2 long term injuries have been the fractured skull of Raul and a cruciate that Jonny suffered in the Europa League in the summer.

But we have had lots of strains, pulls etc meaning at some point Boly, Saiss, Dendoncker, Podence, Traore, Marcal and Ait-Nouri have all missed a run of games. Big difference to the last couple of seasons where injuries have been few and far between.

Today is NOT a good day to be a Liverpool fan:cry::cry:......Again!!!

Liverpool 0 Brighton 1....:oops::oops::oops:

1 hour ago, scottyfan said:

Today is NOT a good day to be a Liverpool fan:cry::cry:......Again!!!

Liverpool 0 Brighton 1....:oops::oops::oops:

Shame.

5 hours ago, Hazzman said:

Out of interest, because I only really follow specifics to my club....how many injuries sustained by your club have been soft tissue injuries? 

I don't think we've had a player out with a break or ligaments all season. It's hamstrings and groins. All of differing grades though. We've lamented our injuries all season but when I had Liverpool on last night, I saw Solly March for Brighton suffer a hamstring tear similar to Dennis Praet for us. Outside of Van Dijk, I can't remember many 'breaks'. 

Probably half and half. They are all blamed on Farke’s training techniques (high fitness levels = late goals) by some. 

After last week blip at Everton Newcastle continue their march the Championship football, this time entertaining Southampton at home and after their last game it could be a case of beware the wounded animal.

Game of the weekend is the game at Anfield between Liverpool and Man City, lets just hope it lives up to the billing.

Spurs v WBA - wonder which team will dare to cross the halfway line first?

• Haha 3

A win for United and a draw in the Scousers vs City game would be ideal for us. 

Southampton beaten by 9 again :approve:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Great win for Swansea last night.

Newport getting a win with 10 men

And really great character from Newcastle to hold on for the win 

3 minutes ago, CrystalCastles said:

Great win for Swansea last night.

Newport getting a win with 10 men

And really great character from Newcastle to hold on for the win 

Supporting NUFC for as long as I have to become accustomed to the team finding every viable way of making what would seem an easy task hard. 3-1 up and all your hoping for is put the game to bed, but no we have a man sent off then a man stretchered off and down to nine men. But as you say huge credit to the team. 

• Haha 1