auntie doris

Football 2020/21

2 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Still got a decent team but. Just ask Bruce how good they were against us. :D

Thought we were great against you

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Thought we were great against you

And if I remember right you have 7 reserves on, and we had just about a full team. The Goal was just so simply and accurate, right at the end. 

8 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

And if I remember right you have 7 reserves on, and we had just about a full team. The Goal was just so simply and accurate, right at the end. 

Certainly did not field first team. What did Steve Bruce have to say?

Unfortunate for England that Musiala has chosen to play for Germany instead, been really impressive for Bayern this season. 

• Like 1

Maddison next on the injury list for us. 

That's Justin, Morgan, Fofana, Maddison, Praet and Perez now out with N'Didi, Pereira, Castagne and Vardy all at different stages of recovery. 

Edited by Hazzman
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Hazzman said:

Maddison next on the injury list for us. 

That's Justin, Morgan, Fofana, Maddison, Praet and Perez now out with N'Didi, Pereira, Castagne and Vardy all at different stages of recovery. 

still above Liverpool!!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, wealdstone said:

Certainly did not field first team. What did Steve Bruce have to say?

I think he was impressed but not with his own team.

7 hours ago, The Cheese said:

Unfortunate for England that Musiala has chosen to play for Germany instead, been really impressive for Bayern this season. 

As with anyone who has dual or multiple nationality it is a difficult decision & highly pressurised.

Looking at it pragmatically though the reality is that he will get into the Germany National squad straight away and probably be picked straight away, and given consistent game time.

Playing for England he would be in the Squad but i doubt he would get picked.

Getting into the England National side at a young age and being a guaranteed pick is really hard. Always so many established players in front of them, a big weighting for players playing in the Premier League. And i don't think there is any real long term strategy.

England have had Sancho & Foden come through in the last 5 years, who have had massive hype before they were 16, easily amongst the best young players in Europe but i wouldn't say either of them are guaranteed to start.

• Like 2

Very bizarre at West Brom today.  You've got to feel sorry for Brighton, they score what should have been a perfectly good goal,  only for Mason to blow his whistle before the ball crossed the line and the goal was disallowed after a .VAR check.

I didn't get to see the match but apparently Brighton dominated yet the loss could contribute to them being relegated.  Will the referee be sanctioned and dipped to league two. I doubt it.  Will be interesting to watch the incident tonight. 

1 hour ago, jrs said:

Very bizarre at West Brom today.  You've got to feel sorry for Brighton, they score what should have been a perfectly good goal,  only for Mason to blow his whistle before the ball crossed the line and the goal was disallowed after a .VAR check.

I didn't get to see the match but apparently Brighton dominated yet the loss could contribute to them being relegated.  Will the referee be sanctioned and dipped to league two. I doubt it.  Will be interesting to watch the incident tonight. 

Have said before Mason is a joke, Nuno should get a refund after been fined for saying he wasn’t good enough to ref in the Premier League.

Doesn't take away the fact Brighton missed 2 Penalties so their own fault they didn’t win

Edited by Red Flag
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Red Flag said:

Have said before Mason is a joke, Nuno should get a refund after been fined for saying he wasn’t good enough to ref in the Premier League.

Doesn't take away the fact Brighton missed 2 Penalties so their own fault they didn’t win

I hope Nuno has cause to complain about the referee robbing then of 3 points tonight. :D 

9 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

I hope Nuno has cause to complain about the referee robbing then of 3 points tonight. :D 

Well it is Mike Dean so anything possible 

• Haha 1

The Town win again! 3-0 home defeat for Charlton, finishing with 9 men. Posh top, in great form. Good start for Pearson at Bristol City and Barnsley surging up the table. Jack Wilshere sent off after mass brawl as Cherries beat Twatford.

Top 10 teams in League 2 separated from the team above by 1 point.

Edited by auntie doris

A very good day for Norwich and Brentford yesterday....let’s hope we can make it an even better one today at Wycombe.