British Speedway Forum
auntie doris

Football 2020/21

Up The Arsenal! Good 3-1 win at Leicester.

• Like 1

2 points thrown away last night by the TOON against Wolves. Best we have played for awhile with more adventure and commitment but we tried too hard to score and made things too complicated for ourselves. Slackens off with injury changes and at the end could have lost the match late on. Three more serious type injuries to two top players, Bruce telling new coach Grahame to “f*ck off” and no one telling the incoming players where they are playing and costing us the equaliser, it’s just another day in the life of Fans of the TOON.

R.I.P. Glenn Roeder..classy ball-playing defender. Remember him playing for local team Orient against boyhood club Arsenal in 78 cup semi-final.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, auntie doris said:

R.I.P. Glenn Roeder..classy ball-playing defender. Remember him playing for local team Orient against boyhood club Arsenal in 78 cup semi-final.

He grew to love Newcastle after playing for them for 6 years, returning to be Manager, Coach and Youth Coach. One of the TOONS favourites, a cut above most of Footballs personnel.  Lazio hired him to be Gazza's personal assistant in the early years, partly to lesson the grip of Gazza's best mate Jimmy Five Bellies had on him. Probably one the most respected guys in Football ever.  

• Like 3

On 2/24/2021 at 3:12 PM, Hazzman said:

Maddison next on the injury list for us. 

That's Justin, Morgan, Fofana, Maddison, Praet and Perez now out with N'Didi, Pereira, Castagne and Vardy all at different stages of recovery. 

With Barnes now on the injury list too, I fear for the rest of the season.

Another lacklustre performance and no one appears to want to drive the team forwards at the moment, even in defeat I would at least like to see some fortitude.

Good to see Bale getting back to form. He really does look like something near his best. Spurs will be hoping he continues like this for the rest of the year although I still cannot see them making the top 4.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Ian St.John has died, aged 82, Liverpool legend in the 60s. 425 games for them, and 21 Scotland caps. Remember his winner in 65 Cup Final, and the Saint and Greavsie show in the 80s. R.I.P. Saint.

Edited by auntie doris
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 2/28/2021 at 6:18 PM, auntie doris said:

One of my best mates and work colleague Tunji Banjo played in that game AD;).From speaking to Tunji of late, he kept in touch with Glenn Roeder from the old days at Orient.

God Bless Glenn Roeder.:( 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, auntie doris said:

Ian St.John has died, aged 82, Liverpool legend in the 60s. 425 games for them, and 21 Scotland caps. Remember his winner in 65 Cup Final, and the Saint and Greavsie show in the 80s. R.I.P. Saint.

A very pleasant straight man to Greavesie

• Like 1

Can just about recall in my first season watching football Liverpool including The Saint winning 4-0 at Charlton, and finishing Div 2 champions. Ipswich winning Div 1.

On 3/1/2021 at 3:47 AM, Elmo said:

With Barnes now on the injury list too, I fear for the rest of the season.

Another lacklustre performance and no one appears to want to drive the team forwards at the moment, even in defeat I would at least like to see some fortitude.

Yep, we are lack the energy right now with pretty much no attacking craft left. Under completely flattering to deceive. 

Feel for Tielemans, I don’t think he’s had a rest all season 

• Like 1

Leicester back to second for now....?

Brentford blown it again!!!  Apart from Norwich I think they are best team in the league but seem to have blown it again.  But thats Brenforfd in't