British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Has anyone been anywhere yet

Only go out to either work or get some food shopping, the odd visit to family every few weeks, Not planning on that changing anytime soon, I watch non league football but until you can go properly and watch without a mask etc, not interested, it’s not that I am against masks, but it won’t be the same, as for speedway, when I read in the star that Ipswich have been selected to run a meeting, I thought cool, but then it dawned on me the place will be rammed, then it dawned on me after that, no, it won’t be rammed because the gate will be heavily restricted for social distancing, so that means only the lucky few will get in and even then you will need a mask which means you won’t be able to smell the methanol like you normally can, sport is going to be so sanitised, better than nothing, but like I say, not for me.

Bishops Stortford v Peterborough Sporting

Friendly game. Well organised but there were only 85 there!

2 hours ago, marko said:

Only go out to either work or get some food shopping, the odd visit to family every few weeks, Not planning on that changing anytime soon, I watch non league football but until you can go properly and watch without a mask etc, not interested, it’s not that I am against masks, but it won’t be the same, as for speedway, when I read in the star that Ipswich have been selected to run a meeting, I thought cool, but then it dawned on me the place will be rammed, then it dawned on me after that, no, it won’t be rammed because the gate will be heavily restricted for social distancing, so that means only the lucky few will get in and even then you will need a mask which means you won’t be able to smell the methanol like you normally can, sport is going to be so sanitised, better than nothing, but like I say, not for me.

Just got back from Horley Town v Newhaven. Crowd was about 150. Only a few people were wearing masks, plenty of room to social distance.

Scunthorpe v Leicester.

Life is so boring at the moment. :( roll on 2021.

Hoping to watch some Cirencester Town games

no speedway but photographed 4 ladies football matches, couple of hundred spectators at one of them, and around 80 at the others with no noticable distancing, couple of restaurants, Brands Hatch, Snetterton, both no noticable distancing, couple of photoshoots, trips to London .. no problems at any

12 hours ago, flipper11 said:

Life is so boring at the moment. :( roll on 2021.

Why? What's happening in 2021?

• Like 1

Living life normally 

Just been to watch Sunday morning football. Under 18's 

Dull first half where opposition scored 2 goals while our team dawdled 

Second half they woke up and won 3 - 2 all in all an enjoyable match in decent weather

Out on the horses at least 4 times a week all through lockdown, one of them needs the exercise or will not be here long worked all through as well.. Popped up the road to watch a pre 85 mx last weekend but best of all going racing next weekend in Wales for 2 days and get to try out the Norton finally :D

Seven eat outs and off abroad for a couple of weeks shortly.

I went to the office every day last week and probably most of this week. Wore a mask for 10 hours a day (minus eating and drinking). Didn't die to oxygen deprivation or feel oppressed.

13 hours ago, MattK said:

I went to the office every day last week and probably most of this week. Wore a mask for 10 hours a day (minus eating and drinking). Didn't die to oxygen deprivation or feel oppressed.

Now that I'm back at work I'm expected to wear a mask all day as I talk to and instruct members of the public at  the tourist attraction I work at...and it's bloody annoying I have to say having to contantly breath in air that I have expelled thru' constant jabbering and makes the whole business of going about my working day uncomfortable and sweaty.

• Haha 1