British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Has anyone been anywhere yet

On 9/7/2020 at 7:12 PM, MattK said:

I went to the office every day last week and probably most of this week. Wore a mask for 10 hours a day (minus eating and drinking). Didn't die to oxygen deprivation or feel oppressed.

My ears are too sore to continue wearing one after 4 hours but I wear glasses and ear defenders too. I've never had sore ears wearing the latter 2 only. 

On the plus side, it means I can only work half a day onsite.

Off to Thirsk for 2 nights on Sunday.

On 9/6/2020 at 8:08 PM, Vince said:

best of all going racing next weekend in Wales for 2 days and get to try out the Norton finally :D

Well I thought I was but seems the council put pressure on the track owner to cancel because of covid :(:angry:

Been to one sporting event which I enjoyed, but can't really say I'm interested in going to anymore, anywhere this year. 

If it wasn’t for this COVID stuff hanging around, I would have liked to have visited the IOW this year for a holiday (not been there for over 30 years) I seem to recall it’s nice place with so much character and it has probably one of the best run speedway clubs too.

• Like 1

Between us in our household we have been to lots of places - The Crystal Maze Experience Warwick Castle Alton Towers Chessington Thorpe Park Legoland Sea Life Centre Music Lessons

Have been working in the office and at school all through too

Life is for living and we need to start getting on with it ASAP

• Like 4

On 9/9/2020 at 10:31 AM, Sotonian said:

My ears are too sore to continue wearing one after 4 hours but I wear glasses and ear defenders too. I've never had sore ears wearing the latter 2 only. 

On the plus side, it means I can only work half a day onsite.

sound like you need a full hazmat suit :D

11 hours ago, gustix said:

I haven't seen any live speedway since Wimbledon closed at the end of the 2005 season.

...and that is by choice and not because of travelling/transport problems!

Edited by Guest

11 hours ago, gustix said:

I haven't seen any live speedway since Wimbledon closed at the end of the 2005 season.

I think you mentioned that once before, John... :D

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, chunky said:

I think you mentioned that once before, John... :D

But not in this thread - It may have been YEARS GONE BY some months ago. Are we not permitted to recall previous happenings any more? Please get to the point!