British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Has anyone been anywhere yet

13 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Yep unless they play the match in aisle 7 at Sainsburys.....

Still at least the premier league is continuing, to help lift the spirits of the nation!!!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

Sutton Common Rovers v Redhill yesterday. Hopefully i can squeeze a couple more in before weeks of boredom kick in.

Very much my attitude, with season ticket duty on Wednesday no doubt seeing my final game for some time, after about 25 non league matches during lockdown hiatus. With surgery scheduled for December putting me out of commission until next February, I had an impressive diary of intended games scheduled, until going under the knife, too. Walton and Hersham v Peacehaven and Telscombe (at the impressive new sports hub)  in the "and" derby :unsure: on Friday and Maldon and Tiptree v Kingstonian in Trophy yesterday being 2 new grounds for me, although only being able to buy a takeaway container at the Maldon micropub, as unbelievably real ale sample trays do not constitute a substantial meal.  In whose language ? ;)

Forlorn hope that there may be some ice speedway when I am mobile again.  

Frimley Green V Flackwell heath in the Vase yesterday- also been to Beaconsfield, Thame Rangers, Flackwell Heath, Aylesbury Utd(play at Chesham) and Burnham Fc games this season.

1 hour ago, Mr Ore said:

Very much my attitude, with season ticket duty on Wednesday no doubt seeing my final game for some time, after about 25 non league matches during lockdown hiatus. With surgery scheduled for December putting me out of commission until next February, I had an impressive diary of intended games scheduled, until going under the knife, too. Walton and Hersham v Peacehaven and Telscombe (at the impressive new sports hub)  in the "and" derby :unsure: on Friday and Maldon and Tiptree v Kingstonian in Trophy yesterday being 2 new grounds for me, although only being able to buy a takeaway container at the Maldon micropub, as unbelievably real ale sample trays do not constitute a substantial meal.  In whose language ? ;)

Forlorn hope that there may be some ice speedway when I am mobile again.  

Did Walton And Hersham do a printed prog. I was at Casuals a few days earlier. They did a very limited print run. That was also my first visit to their new ground.

4 hours ago, customhouseregular said:

It is Fountains Abbey on Tuesday afternoon and back the Wetherby Whaler for us now.

Good luck...the Wetherby Whaler takes some beating! Last time I was there Michael Parkinson was sat at the next table!

45 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Good luck...the Wetherby Whaler takes some beating! Last time I was there Michael Parkinson was sat at the next table!

Giant Haddock, chips and mushy peas...a supper fit for a king. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, customhouseregular said:

Over 50 years ago my wife to be was in a cafe in London. Kenneth Williams was at a table across from her and kept pulling funny faces and making silly noises at her. Very strange man.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Did Walton And Hersham do a printed prog. I was at Casuals a few days earlier. They did a very limited print run. That was also my first visit to their new ground.

Yes, they did a programme at (deep breath) £3 for 24 pages, but sold out shortly after I got mine, around 25 minutes before kick off. Seemed to have done a lot too, but had their biggest crowd since moving to the Hub. Unsure if it will be regular hard copy production, but I'd seen it advertised on their Twitter during the day. They had been doing on line only last season and earlier this, but the format didn't seem to print off correctly in booklet format. On line only at Maldon (and Cheshunt the week before) so other half printing them off for  me at her work today. :)

10 hours ago, Mr Ore said:

Yes, they did a programme at (deep breath) £3 for 24 pages, but sold out shortly after I got mine, around 25 minutes before kick off. Seemed to have done a lot too, but had their biggest crowd since moving to the Hub. Unsure if it will be regular hard copy production, but I'd seen it advertised on their Twitter during the day. They had been doing on line only last season and earlier this, but the format didn't seem to print off correctly in booklet format. On line only at Maldon (and Cheshunt the week before) so other half printing them off for  me at her work today. :)

I need to get my missus to do similar via Microsoft publisher. I've only had to print Banstead and Carshalton so far this season. Luckily the rest have been hard copys.

• Like 1

On 10/26/2020 at 4:17 PM, OveFundinFan said:

Jackie Pinkerton????  He was another I knew/raced against.

Jackie rode for Sighthill Hammers.

• Thanks 1

On 11/1/2020 at 3:56 PM, customhouseregular said:

I used to stop there coming back from Scunthorpe amateur events,decent fish suppers.

Southern League football @ Coleshill Town last night (2/11).

In the afternoon, I was struck by how many shoppers on Coleshill's high street were masked up.

Edited by Piotr Pyszny

Alton   v  Ringwood Town in Wessex League, last night. Two teams intent on playing good football and providing great entertainment. Free hot drink with every programme. One more to go before lockdown.

South Midlands League football @ Arlesey Town last night (3/11). Their biggest crowd of the season. Eynesbury Rovers won 4-0 to go top.

Edited by Piotr Pyszny