Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Has anyone been anywhere yet

Recommended Posts

Only go out to either work or get some food shopping, the odd visit to family every few weeks, Not planning on that changing anytime soon, I watch non league football but until you can go properly and watch without a mask etc, not interested, it’s not that I am against masks, but it won’t be the same, as for speedway, when I read in the star that Ipswich have been selected to run a meeting, I thought cool, but then it dawned on me the place will be rammed, then it dawned on me after that, no, it won’t be rammed because the gate will be heavily restricted for social distancing, so that means only the lucky few will get in and even then you will need a mask which means you won’t be able to smell the methanol like you normally can, sport is going to be so sanitised, better than nothing, but like I say, not for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bishops Stortford v Peterborough Sporting

Friendly game. Well organised but there were only 85 there!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, marko said:

Only go out to either work or get some food shopping, the odd visit to family every few weeks, Not planning on that changing anytime soon, I watch non league football but until you can go properly and watch without a mask etc, not interested, it’s not that I am against masks, but it won’t be the same, as for speedway, when I read in the star that Ipswich have been selected to run a meeting, I thought cool, but then it dawned on me the place will be rammed, then it dawned on me after that, no, it won’t be rammed because the gate will be heavily restricted for social distancing, so that means only the lucky few will get in and even then you will need a mask which means you won’t be able to smell the methanol like you normally can, sport is going to be so sanitised, better than nothing, but like I say, not for me.

Just got back from Horley Town v Newhaven. Crowd was about 150. Only a few people were wearing masks, plenty of room to social distance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scunthorpe v Leicester.

Life is so boring at the moment. :( roll on 2021.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoping to watch some Cirencester Town games

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

no speedway but photographed 4 ladies football matches, couple of hundred spectators at one of them, and around 80 at the others with no noticable distancing, couple of restaurants, Brands Hatch, Snetterton, both no noticable distancing, couple of photoshoots, trips to London .. no problems at any

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, flipper11 said:

Life is so boring at the moment. :( roll on 2021.

Why? What's happening in 2021?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, iainb said:

Why? What's happening in 2021?

Not a lot, i would have thought!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Living life normally 

Just been to watch Sunday morning football. Under 18's 

Dull first half where opposition scored 2 goals while our team dawdled 

Second half they woke up and won 3 - 2 all in all an enjoyable match in decent weather

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out on the horses at least 4 times a week all through lockdown, one of them needs the exercise or will not be here long worked all through as well.. Popped up the road to watch a pre 85 mx last weekend but best of all going racing next weekend in Wales for 2 days and get to try out the Norton finally :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seven eat outs and off abroad for a couple of weeks shortly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to the office every day last week and probably most of this week. Wore a mask for 10 hours a day (minus eating and drinking). Didn't die to oxygen deprivation or feel oppressed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DC2 said:

Seven eat outs and off abroad for a couple of weeks shortly.

good luck

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, MattK said:

I went to the office every day last week and probably most of this week. Wore a mask for 10 hours a day (minus eating and drinking). Didn't die to oxygen deprivation or feel oppressed.

Now that I'm back at work I'm expected to wear a mask all day as I talk to and instruct members of the public at  the tourist attraction I work at...and it's bloody annoying I have to say having to contantly breath in air that I have expelled thru' constant jabbering and makes the whole business of going about my working day uncomfortable and sweaty.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy