British Speedway Forum
crescent girl

U-21 FINAL: BERWICK, Wednesday, October 21st

I went to Berwicks web site, but can't find a link to the pay to view on it?  Have I missed something, or is it likely to appear at a later date nearer the event? I'd be happy to pay to view the meeting after a season ruined by Covid.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bunce said:

I went to Berwicks web site, but can't find a link to the pay to view on it?  Have I missed something, or is it likely to appear at a later date nearer the event? I'd be happy to pay to view the meeting after a season ruined by Covid.

Later date.

It says on the Berwick website a link will be posted on the day of the event for the pay what you like deal. 

I'm assuming this is in case of bad weather and making sure that it goes ahead. Better than having to make loads of refunds imo. 

• Like 2

I'm assuming this will be behind closed doors, but with just 6 days to go surely it is time to make that official.

Weather forecast looks a bit dicey.

2 hours ago, arnieg said:

I'm assuming this will be behind closed doors, but with just 6 days to go surely it is time to make that official.

Weather forecast looks a bit dicey.

cloudy with a couple of showers ... typical Berwick race day weather. As for the rules on spectators at sporting events ... not sure the government has made it up yet for next Wednesday. 

2 minutes ago, George Dodds said:

cloudy with a couple of showers ... typical Berwick race day weather. As for the rules on spectators at sporting events ... not sure the government has made it up yet for next Wednesday. 

Not sure the Govt. has made it up to this Wednesday... and that was yesterday

• Like 1

Even Berwick speedway is anticipating either limited or no spectators hence they are providing a stream - at least it showcases their sponsors which is important.

• Like 1

Berwick have announced on Facebook & website that there will be no crowd admitted on Wednesday.

Edited by Gringo
  • Sad 1

On 10/10/2020 at 5:10 PM, Bunce said:

I'm sure they'll spell it out over the next couple of days but from what's on Facebook I believe you simply watch it via the club's Youtube channel Bandits TV, accessed via the club website or Youtube itself and then, if you want, make a donation via the yellow donate button on the Berwick speedway website. No sign up as such as it's not really pay for view but actually a free stream with an invitation to "pay what you think it's worth" via the donate button.  

• Like 3

So, on the track, who's gonna be on the podium on Wednesday?

Dan Bewley should be a top-three certainty, as should Drew Kemp.   Then there's Anders Rowe and Tom Brennan.    Plus Leon Flint, on his home circuit.        Oh, and Kyle Bickley, Jordan Palin, Jason Edwards and even the Thompsons..........

In short, it should be a good night in at the speedway.        Remember to offer a donation for your free stream....

• Like 4

1 hour ago, emilali said:

Can anyone confirm where donations made actually go to? The BSPA or the Berwick promotion? 

Go on have guess!

Bewley should win this at an absolute canter. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Bewley should win this at an absolute canter. 

What is the format? Is it strait 20 heats.

4 hours ago, crescent girl said:

So, on the track, who's gonna be on the podium on Wednesday?

Dan Bewley should be a top-three certainty, as should Drew Kemp.   Then there's Anders Rowe and Tom Brennan.    Plus Leon Flint, on his home circuit.        Oh, and Kyle Bickley, Jordan Palin, Jason Edwards and even the Thompsons..........

In short, it should be a good night in at the speedway.        Remember to offer a donation for your free stream....

Dan Bewley should start as favourite, but I would think it will actually be a better meeting than the past two years, where only machinery gremlins were going to stop Robert Lambert. It was great to watch him fly around the track, but there was a huge gap in talent between him and the rest of the field. 

Of the others I was impressed by Tom Brennan at the event last year. Drew Kemp is talent and Anders Rowe should benefit from his time in Poland this year.

Interesting to see how the new track looks, weather depending of course.

• Like 1