British Speedway Forum
crescent girl

U-21 FINAL: BERWICK, Wednesday, October 21st

1 minute ago, bruno said:

Good of Berwick to put it on but it's supposed to be a professional sport. That was awful. Well done to the riders for giving it a go . I was going to donate a fiver but in all honesty it wasn't worth it

Worst £20.00 i have parted with

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, iainb said:

Just getting you warmed up for Eurosport. How many have you watched?

A bit unfair on Eurosport that....

It's usually the first races they miss rather than the  last ones..:D

• Haha 1

With Ben91's permission, my thoughts. (Don't worry lad, get someone to explain them to you). 

I really have a soft spot for Berwick, but even allowing for the power supply problems that wasc awful. It was only bu chance reading the comments on the Speedway Updates that I found a working link. The meeting ambled along with no sense of purpose or urgency and we were rewarded by the cancellation of the key final three races. Yes, they'd had problems but they didn't seem to be trying to make up for the delays.

I was dreadfully disappointed by the TV coverage - lousy sound, poor camerawork including the key rerun of heat 16 out of focus and a poor choiuce of support for Goddard.

I've donated because I believe passionately in the future of streaming in speedway. I love my trips to Shielfield Park and was happy to get an 'extra' trip up there.

Speedway can be wonderful. Sometimes it can be awful. Sadly this was the latter. 

I won't post more because it'll only annoy Ben 91. Hrey Ben, I'll take a day off easily - I'll just think of your inane postings and that'll help. There is one condition - you take a month off......................

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RobMcCaffery said:

With Ben91's permission, my thoughts. (Don't worry lad, get someone to explain them to you). 

I really have a soft spot for Berwick, but even allowing for the power supply problems that wasc awful. It was only bu chance reading the comments on the Speedway Updates that I found a working link. The meeting ambled along with no sense of purpose or urgency and we were rewarded by the cancellation of the key final three races. Yes, they'd had problems but they didn't seem to be trying to make up for the delays.

I was dreadfully disappointed by the TV coverage - lousy sound, poor camerawork including the key rerun of heat 16 out of focus and a poor choiuce of support for Goddard.

I've donated because I believe passionately in the future of streaming in speedway. I love my trips to Shielfield Park and was happy to get an 'extra' trip up there.

Speedway can be wonderful. Sometimes it can be awful. Sadly this was the latter. 

I won't post more because it'll only annoy Ben 91. Hrey Ben, I'll take a day off easily - I'll just think of your inane postings and that'll help. There is one condition - you take a month off......................

Hang on, you were quite rude to Somellier earlier, yet you’re the victim here?.................

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Wet track,DryTrack,Wide Track,Narrow Track, that is the best of GB young talent.:rolleyes:

Look, we all know that we are a fair way behind other countries in youth development and have been for a while but we have a pretty good crop of 16-18 year olds at the moment and my point is that the track and conditions tonight were a pretty poor platform for them to perform on, I expect some of them hadn’t even ridden there before. You put that on at Scunny or Belle Vue for example and I dare say we would be discussing it very differently. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Neila said:

Think Kyle bickley has spat his dummy out and gone home, sorry but don't think he has got it to go any further, should be doing a lot better than this with all the years he's been riding !!

Kyle Bickley's reputation was built on his success as a junior, but as soon as he hit senior racing at sixteen, he hasn't been anything special.

That said in both the British U19 and U21, he has been dire.

Ultimately, he's a rider with good gear and good backing, but sadly it appears limited ability.

• Like 4

Some grumbling about the track and quality of racing. Could it be a lot of the riders have not had much track time this year and were racing a bit “cold”. Let’s face , a meeting in the middle of October is unlikely to give the best entertainment. The meeting should have been run by someone smarter then who was doing it. Too much  time between races made it drag on and the meeting proper did not finish due to the curfew on noise to the neighbouring houses. I will be giving a donation in the morning to give encouragement to Berwick Speedway. It will help to cover expenses - not many things in life are free, running a speedway meeting needs paying for.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, moomin man 76 said:

Kyle Bickley's reputation was built on his success as a junior, but as soon as he hit senior racing at sixteen, he hasn't been anything special.

That said in both the British U19 and U21, he has been dire.

Ultimately, he's a rider with good gear and good backing, but sadly it appears limited ability.

He certainly can’t complain of lack of opportunity,1 Full season with Worky, then full season with Glasgow.Maybe harsh to criticise given this year has been difficult for everybody.Like you though he has not make the expected progress given his set-up.He is still young will have to improve quickly if potential is to be reached.Slick track rider IMO.

To be honest, after seeing the Finnish U21 Championship, the standard of riders tonight was little better, with huge disparities in ability within the field.

There's little enjoyment to be gained watching Dan Bewley win a heat by more than the length of the straight.

In truth, we have one rider (Dan Bewley) of genuine international standard; some promising riders e.g. Brennan, Kemp, Rowe and possibly Flint, but little else. It isn't the bumper crop of junior talent, others have been trying to make it out to be.

• Like 3

Well done to all the riders going out and giving it a go.
But let's be honest it is, with a few obvious exceptions, no more than a meeting with riders of NDL level.
If nothing else it just goes to show that GB is still well behind other nations with the standard of riders coming through.

• Like 1

Dearth of GB talent so always going to be hard to track 16 riders who would provide any close racing.

A big thank you to Berwick for putting the meeting on. They can’t control the weather. Well done Bandits .

• Like 2