British Speedway Forum
crescent girl

U-21 FINAL: BERWICK, Wednesday, October 21st

18 minutes ago, Stoke Potter said:

Late starting, flood light failure, link for stream being switched, stream freezing multiple times, none-existent racing, poor camera work, have I missed anything..?

You forgot to mention that when they did switch streams they couldn't be bothered to tell the 1,800 people that were watching a blank screen that they had done so :o

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, jenga said:

those remarks may come back to bite you in future years and i for one will remind you of your poor COMmEnTS , hats if i am around .

i am sure kyle had an arm injury , could be wrong tho !

He had an arm injury yes 

I watched last night, I've sent them £2.50.

That's not being sarcastic just what I felt it was worth.

I paid £10 for Peter Craven having spent £13 (nearly) for British Final

I thought British Final was worth every penny.

I paid £5 for the Plymouth live stream, I thought that was worth a fair bit more but not as multi camera as BF

I think BV did an excellent job and worth it. I think Plymouth did an excellent job and worth it.

I can't and won't attack Berwick, they tried, did what they could and we saw more than we would have without it. To me it was worth £2.50 as not as good as BV or Plymouth but credit to them for trying.

It's been a nightmare season for Speedway everywhere.

Hopefully the BSPL can get a Fixture List out for all Leagues by New Year, give us something to hope for and hopefully the covid situation will allow a start of some type sooner rather than later next Spring. Lets hope we are all here to praise or moan as we see appropriate

2 minutes ago, Catch Me If You Can said:

Well no surprises then from folks but it all democratic and opinions

Just had catch up on posts

Moan, Moan, Moan and better moan LOL

Oh stop moaning :lol:

• Haha 1

I watched and have donated, and whilst the weather played a big part in the racing, I must admit that I was disappointed (to say the least) with the camera work.

Fortunately I managed to find the stream (eventually) thanks to others!

In my humble opinion the home straight camera was actually too close to the track, making it hard for the camera operator to follow riders as they zoomed past. The finish line camera, again was too close and the majority of the picture was taken up by the start marshall and the flag.

Hopefully the production team will learn from the constructive comments of others. I would give them a second chance if there was to be another stream from Berwick, but it would have to show a massive improvement for me to be a regular watcher.

Edited by Gambo
  • Like 4

Hopefully Berwick aren’t discouraged from doing this in future after last night, as they really aught to make streaming the new normal (geo blocked of course).

Many lessons to be learnt. 

I think the producer may have over thought it, the amount of camera changes were quite distracting. Less is more? Never gonna be a BT standard production so I wouldn’t even try from that aspect. 

• Like 2

I think the overall production showed lack of experience.
The only graphics were heat sponsors and the line up/gate positions before each heat. Not giving the heat results and times and even cumulative scores was poor and basic info missed.
The constant switching to the (static) camera on the 3rd bend between races was monotonous and would have been better filled by heat result graphics given there was no replay facility.
Berwick and their TV crew can only learn and lets hope they do listen and take on board the constructive criticism.

36 minutes ago, Catch Me If You Can said:

Well no surprises then from folks but it all democratic and opinions

Just had catch up on posts

Moan, Moan, Moan and better moan LOL

Because it was shi t....

• Like 1

Some are saying they had difficulty finding the stream.  I went to YouTube, typed in “Berwick Speedway under 21” and it was there in front of me.   The racing wasn’t spectacular, I said previously the riders were probably lacking race experience this year, but obviously a big gap between the top four and the rest.  Could put up with the camera work, though it could have been better, and will with experience and feedback. A big fault is the meeting didn’t run smoothly. The two semis and final was possible if there hadn’t been so many delays for what seemed nothing.               
I donated £5, would have been a tenner if it had been a good meeting.

3 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Some are saying they had difficulty finding the stream.  I went to YouTube, typed in “Berwick Speedway under 21” and it was there in front of me.   The racing wasn’t spectacular, I said previously the riders were probably lacking race experience this year, but obviously a big gap between the top four and the rest.  Could put up with the camera work, though it could have been better, and will with experience and feedback. A big fault is the meeting didn’t run smoothly. The two semis and final was possible if there hadn’t been so many delays for what seemed nothing.               
I donated £5, would have been a tenner if it had been a good meeting.

Lucky you, you must have landed on the fresh page they had created, as said there were 1800 of us on the original link, watching a black screen even though the meeting had started and was being shown on the link you were on, it was ht3 by the time I got there.    I only watched one heat and gave up, so I didn't contribute, would have if they'd managed to communicate properly.  Have happily paid for tonights meeting even though I probably won't be able to see it live, am confident enough that I'll enjoy it 'as live' tomorrow morning, decent track, decent production etc.

• Like 1

The future of UK speedway is very bleak. Sad but true. 

11 hours ago, Binman said:

People in the stands then

all rigorously complied with the Covid restrictions under which the meeting was allowed to go ahead. 

Edited by George Dodds
spelin