British Speedway Forum
crescent girl

U-21 FINAL: BERWICK, Wednesday, October 21st

1 hour ago, emilali said:

He seems to do that to 95% of people he converses with on here. Thankfully, majority of us realise what a bell end he is and just ignore him. 

Emali, I am only direct with those who force me to  be. This forum is full of loudmouthed idiots and if they don't like me, well quite frankly I could not give a damn. In fact I'd be worried if they did. There are some excellent people in this forum who post valuable information and insight. Sadly they are drowned out by the utter morons like you and Ben91. 

I just want to enjoy the sport I love.  I have enough friends in the sport to be totally unconcerned by ignorant abuse from someone cowardly hiding behind a stupid name. I do hope idiots like you ignore me since it saves having to block you. Unfortunately I now have to. It's certainly not my loss. 

When I look at a posting like yours it only reminds me how many here just aren't worth helping, as I was reminded on the night.

Shame this discussion had to take place on a Berwick-related thread. It's a track that I've always enjoyed visiting over the past 40-odd years. Lovely people. You could take lessons from them, whoever you are. 

Apologies to the decent people in the forum for having to deal with these cases of human waste. I obviously won't be making further comment. I didn't want to now but given the offensive nature of your post in the absence of moderation in the forum I've had to let you know that you crossed a line. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Emali, I am only direct with those who force me to  be. This forum is full of loudmouthed idiots and if they don't like me, well quite frankly I could not give a damn. In fact I'd be worried if they did. There are some excellent people in this forum who post valuable information and insight. Sadly they are drowned out by the utter morons like you and Ben91. 

I just want to enjoy the sport I love.  I have enough friends in the sport to be totally unconcerned by ignorant abuse from someone cowardly hiding behind a stupid name. I do hope idiots like you ignore me since it saves having to block you. Unfortunately I now have to. It's certainly not my loss. 

When I look at a posting like yours it only reminds me how many here just aren't worth helping, as I was reminded on the night.

Shame this discussion had to take place on a Berwick-related thread. It's a track that I've always enjoyed visiting over the past 40-odd years. Lovely people. You could take lessons from them, whoever you are. 

Apologies to the decent people in the forum for having to deal with these cases of human waste. I obviously won't be making further comment. I didn't want to now but given the offensive nature of your post in the absence of moderation in the forum I've had to let you know that you crossed a line. 

Be thankful the forum isn’t over moderated. You’d be on a life time ban long ago, the way you talk to people. Although you said you were leaving enough times, they probably thought it wasn’t nece:rolleyes:ssary 

• Like 2

Just now, iris123 said:

Be thankful the forum isn’t over moderated. You’d be on a life time ban long ago, the way you talk to people. Although you said you were leaving enough times, they probably thought it wasn’t nece:rolleyes:ssary 

We’re all just human waste living in Rob’s world. But it’s fine for him to call us it. We’re morons for not agreeing with every word he posts. 

• Haha 1

Changing the subject... can anyone confirm whether it was going to be 2 semi finals or 1? Updates said 1 but the commentator kept saying people were still in with a shout when they clearly werent going to make top 6?

1 minute ago, skydog said:

Changing the subject... can anyone confirm whether it was going to be 2 semi finals or 1? Updates said 1 but the commentator kept saying people were still in with a shout when they clearly werent going to make top 6?

I believe it was going to be two semi-finals and it was to be something along the the lines of top scorer in alongside 6th,7th & 8th placed riders.
There never seems to be an consistency to how and if they run last chance saloon heats.

5 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

I believe it was going to be two semi-finals and it was to be something along the the lines of top scorer in alongside 6th,7th & 8th placed riders.
There never seems to be an consistency to how and if they run last chance saloon heats.

If that was the case it would be bonkers as finishing 6th 7th 8th gives you a better chance of progress from the semi than 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

If that was the case it would be bonkers as finishing 6th 7th 8th gives you a better chance of progress from the semi than 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th

I was surprised when I heard the guy doing the commentary say that.
I suppose arguably it gives the top scorer a better chance but we all know nothing is given in this crazy sport.

The published 'programme' (meaning the free racecard published by Berwick on their website) indicated two semi-finals.   This was also the case at the previous two U21 Finals, and probably earlier ones at other tracks. 

2 hours ago, cinderfella said:

Think it would be 1,3,5,7  and2,4,6,8, in the 2 semi finals surely.

2 hours ago, skydog said:

2 semi- finals then Final

2 hours ago, iris123 said:

3 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Just a pity your direct with everybody who has a different opinion to you.:rolleyes:

3 hours ago, cinderfella said:

42 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

2 semi- finals then Final

Thanks for the replies, and there was me thinking I was cleverer than the commentator...

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, iainb said:

I take it you're not the "Berwick Speedway" user then?

not me that would be someone who knew what they were doing :rolleyes: Just to clarify what another poster (not you) seems to have misread. What I wrote was that I was not tech savvy to do something and not that no-one with technical knowledge was on site. Obviously there were many who knew what they were doing - their focus was primarily on getting the link restored to enable the meeting to start. 

Edited by George Dodds
  • Thanks 1

To interrupt the discussion about which poster's the biggest fanny -- and I'm sure someone will knee-jerk that it's me :( -- I hope Leon Flint's achievement in finishing runner-up (even heading the worthy winner for a couple of laps) doesn't get brushed aside as "home track knowledge", given he has only enjoyed two short team sessions on the new circuit -- and is also younger than his four closest rivals, each of whom arrived at Shielfield after considerable overseas experience this dreadful non-season?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

To interrupt the discussion about which poster's the biggest fanny -- and I'm sure someone will knee-jerk that it's me :( -- I hope Leon Flint's achievement in finishing runner-up (even heading the worthy winner for a couple of laps) doesn't get brushed aside as "home track knowledge", given he has only enjoyed two short team sessions on the new circuit -- and is also younger than his four closest rivals, each of whom arrived at Shielfield after considerable overseas experience this dreadful non-season?

Leon was brilliant and it would have been interesting to have seen him on a machine with a PL (or even International) standard engine.
Bewley, Kemp and Rowe's bikes did look faster and I believe the winning times showed that.