British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

British Under 19 Championship, Scunthorpe, 20.09.2020

8 minutes ago, arnieg said:

I thought he looked pretty good, but had no speed. I think it is most likely he just hasn't had enough outings to sort out his set up.

Rode abroad in a couple of meetings and at Redcar in a couple.!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mike.Butler said:

You're right Arnie...Go a long way to see racing of this quality.  Thoroughly enjoyable 2 hours..(and perhaps they can sort out the p.a. before next year!..)

I think everyone goes on about the shocking PA system and the announcer. It's like a Colin Crompton revival show, yet despite the many comments from both home anyway fans, nothing gets done and it totally spoils the excellent show being put on. They would be better with a person with a big voice and a megaphone on the centre green. 

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

I think everyone goes on about the shocking PA system and the announcer. It's like a Colin Compton revival show, yet despite the many comments from both home anyway fans, nothing gest done and totally spoils the excellent show being put on. They would be better with a person with a big voice and a megaphone on the centre green. 

Isn't that  the promoter / chairman and he doesn’t need a megaphone.

interesting that the same man gave Anlas tyres to selected juniors who attended the youth round at Edinburgh who were then banned from using them by the local machine examiners and ref as they aren’t covered by the current rules in this country but then the U-19’s were allowed to use them at his track.

Usual duel standards.

11 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

interesting that the same man gave Anlas tyres to selected juniors who attended the youth round at Edinburgh who were then banned from using them by the local machine examiners and ref as they aren’t covered by the current rules in this country but then the U-19’s were allowed to use them at his track.

Usual duel standards.

Didn't know that.

2 hours ago, arnieg said:

I thought he looked pretty good, but had no speed. I think it is most likely he just hasn't had enough outings to sort out his set up.

Has a right good ride in his first ride, but seemed to lose something every ride after that. In one ride he had rode hard for second place, but just seemed to coast to the line and got pipped on the line by a following rider. On the other hand Kye Bickley did exactly the opposite.

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Rode abroad in a couple of meetings and at Redcar in a couple.!!

Yes he rode well against the returning Greg Blair in the Redcar meeting a couple of weeks ago.

23 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

Usual duel standards.

We are talking about the guy in the referee's box that announces the results. I think he is called Graham. It is an area that does let us down and is an important part in relaying information to the fans for our entertainment & enjoyment. (even the GP's are getting in wrong by the graphics & announcers with the new points system)

Saying that, even Rob on the roving microphone, was broken up at times.

5 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

We are talking about the guy in the referee's box that announces the results. I think he is called Graham. It is an area that does let us down and is an important part in relaying information to the fans for our entertainment & enjoyment. (even the GP's are getting in wrong by the graphics & announcers with the new points system)

Saying that, even Rob on the roving microphone, was broken up at times.

The wind isn't a massive help and i'd imagine our speakers must be 15 years+ old - upgrade in speakers may be required

Speakers in the carpark work better than the ones in the stadium. Rob needs to invest in some new equipment. If he is going roving microphone, he needs a proper sports mic with wind defector as we can't hear a damn thing. Noticed the other presenter whilst he was on the infield, he was holding the mic around his belly button, maybe that's why he is inaudible!!! 

Can we also have exclusion lights in a different place so to be more visible from the stands, or get someone trained to update the scoreboard.

• Like 1