British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

British Under 19 Championship, Scunthorpe, 20.09.2020

Good to see this meeting being run.

Well done Scunthorpe

Edited by Gunner85
  • Like 1

BRITISH UNDER-19 LINE-UP: Henry Atkins, Kyle Bickley, Tom Brennan, Jason Edwards, Leon Flint, Archie Freeman, Daniel Gilkes, Sam Hagon, Jordan Jenkins, Elliot Kelly, Drew Kemp, Harry McGurk, Jake Mulford, Jordan Palin, Dan Thompson, Joe Thompson.

• Like 2

Good crop coming through there. 

• Like 1

Kemp, Brennan, D Thompson, Bickley top 4 for me.

A top quality U19 line up with a few spoilers in there. Any one of the 16 could win a race with, also, your better racers(favourites), possibly running 3rds or lasts. The top scorer of the heats might not reach 12 points.

Any idea on format?

Will it be the normal 16 heats or change to a different top 2 & 1 semi final or 2 semi finals & a final?

21 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Any idea on format?

Will it be the normal 16 heats or change to a different top 2 & 1 semi final or 2 semi finals & a final?

If it follows the trend these days it will be 20 heats,top two to final and a run off for the next four with the top two going to the final.

Brennan Palin Kemp top three I think. One of the Thompson twins for fourth. Do we know if it is a straight 20 heat format as per previous years or is there a final this year? Finals are good experience for the young riders as they look to push on with their careers.

2 hours ago, silverrocket said:

If it follows the trend these days it will be 20 heats,top two to final and a run off for the next four with the top two going to the final.

Unlike the other championship events this has remained at 20 heats without a semi/final. Whether that will be the case on Sunday I have no idea.

Plenty of strong contenders in the list and it will be the silly mistakes that seperate podium and blown chances. Brennan, Palin and Edwards top 3 for me.