Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

British Under 19 Championship, Scunthorpe, 20.09.2020

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, arnieg said:

I thought he looked pretty good, but had no speed. I think it is most likely he just hasn't had enough outings to sort out his set up.

Rode abroad in a couple of meetings and at Redcar in a couple.!!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mike.Butler said:

You're right Arnie...Go a long way to see racing of this quality.  Thoroughly enjoyable 2 hours..(and perhaps they can sort out the p.a. before next year!..)

I think everyone goes on about the shocking PA system and the announcer. It's like a Colin Crompton revival show, yet despite the many comments from both home anyway fans, nothing gets done and it totally spoils the excellent show being put on. They would be better with a person with a big voice and a megaphone on the centre green. 

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

I think everyone goes on about the shocking PA system and the announcer. It's like a Colin Compton revival show, yet despite the many comments from both home anyway fans, nothing gest done and totally spoils the excellent show being put on. They would be better with a person with a big voice and a megaphone on the centre green. 

Isn't that  the promoter / chairman and he doesn’t need a megaphone.

interesting that the same man gave Anlas tyres to selected juniors who attended the youth round at Edinburgh who were then banned from using them by the local machine examiners and ref as they aren’t covered by the current rules in this country but then the U-19’s were allowed to use them at his track.

Usual duel standards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

Isn't that  the promoter / chairman and he doesn’t need a megaphone.

interesting that the same man gave Anlas tyres to selected juniors who attended the youth round at Edinburgh who were then banned from using them by the local machine examiners and ref as they aren’t covered by the current rules in this country but then the U-19’s were allowed to use them at his track.

Usual duel standards.

Didn't know that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, arnieg said:

I thought he looked pretty good, but had no speed. I think it is most likely he just hasn't had enough outings to sort out his set up.

Has a right good ride in his first ride, but seemed to lose something every ride after that. In one ride he had rode hard for second place, but just seemed to coast to the line and got pipped on the line by a following rider. On the other hand Kye Bickley did exactly the opposite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Rode abroad in a couple of meetings and at Redcar in a couple.!!

 

Yes he rode well against the returning Greg Blair in the Redcar meeting a couple of weeks ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

Isn't that  the promoter / chairman and he doesn’t need a megaphone.

interesting that the same man gave Anlas tyres to selected juniors who attended the youth round at Edinburgh who were then banned from using them by the local machine examiners and ref as they aren’t covered by the current rules in this country but then the U-19’s were allowed to use them at his track.

Usual duel standards.

We are talking about the guy in the referee's box that announces the results. I think he is called Graham. It is an area that does let us down and is an important part in relaying information to the fans for our entertainment & enjoyment. (even the GP's are getting in wrong by the graphics & announcers with the new points system)

Saying that, even Rob on the roving microphone, was broken up at times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

We are talking about the guy in the referee's box that announces the results. I think he is called Graham. It is an area that does let us down and is an important part in relaying information to the fans for our entertainment & enjoyment. (even the GP's are getting in wrong by the graphics & announcers with the new points system)

Saying that, even Rob on the roving microphone, was broken up at times.

The wind isn't a massive help and i'd imagine our speakers must be 15 years+ old - upgrade in speakers may be required

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speakers in the carpark work better than the ones in the stadium. Rob needs to invest in some new equipment. If he is going roving microphone, he needs a proper sports mic with wind defector as we can't hear a damn thing. Noticed the other presenter whilst he was on the infield, he was holding the mic around his belly button, maybe that's why he is inaudible!!! 

Can we also have exclusion lights in a different place so to be more visible from the stands, or get someone trained to update the scoreboard.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy