British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Prague GP`s rounds 5 and 6 Friday and Saturday September 18th and 19th

On 9/14/2020 at 2:09 PM, chunky said:

Should BWitcher get infected by COVID-19, then no, I would not expect him to need any treatment (certainly nothing out of the ordinary), and certainly not need a hospital bed. Sadly, with your medical history, James, you may be more at risk. Before you say anything, I do not consider that I am "at risk", but my wife (who has several underlying health conditions, including a compromised immune system), would be.

The trouble is that you seem to believe the blanket panic that has continued to spread. As Mark said, increased testing has increased the number of confirmed infections, but for the vast majority - who are relatively healthy, and not over 80 - it is not a serious issue. I have lost a couple of friends to it, and know several others who have been infected, but again, for most victims, it is nothing more than .a minor complaint.

Here in the US, which as you know, has been affected badly, it is still not the civilisation-threatening affliction that many make it out to be. So far, we've had 194,000 deaths from the virus. That sounds a lot, I agree, but (and I know this will sound harsh) a good number of those would have succumbed to other ailments, particularly underlying ones, this year.

The fact is that over 600,000 Americans a year die from heart disease, and a further 600,000 die from cancer. Even though people may die "from" COVID-19, many will actually be dying from their underlying conditions.

Unfortunately, we've been brainwashed into believing that, if you die while suffering from COVID-19, that means you died FROM it, which is totally untrue. For most of us, it is nothing to worry unduly about - and certainly not worth bringing the world to a standstill for...

Unfortunately, this kind of thinking is why the U.S. looks like a third world country when it comes to our covid 19 deaths which were mostly caused by poor, excuse me, no leadership from our president. 

18 hours ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

Prague will go ahead according to the club on facebook. They say the Gorzow paddock rumours is all 'fake news'.

All GP events financially are based around revenue from TV and its associated feeds and advertising...its too late to re-arrange all the requirements of the event.....

6 hours ago, New Yorker said:

Unfortunately, this kind of thinking is why the U.S. looks like a third world country when it comes to our covid 19 deaths which were mostly caused by poor, excuse me, no leadership from our president. 

Funny that as the deaths are the highest in the Democrat states.

Don't let truth get in the way though.

Any chance of BWitcher disappearing back to waffle complete nonsense on his Covid-19 thread, so that we can get on with discussing the Prague rounds. 

Intriguing couple of rounds ahead. Woffy is traditionally strong around Prague - can he come strong and get himself back into contention?  On the other hand, not a track that Zmarzlik seems to like!  But Lindgren seems to be the rider who is pulling out all the stops at the sharp end of meetings, which is critical under the new points system.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Yes Lindgren not on the top step in the GPs  but still there making finals, i think he will go on and win it.

6 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

Any chance of BWitcher disappearing back to waffle complete nonsense on his Covid-19 thread, so that we can get on with discussing the Prague rounds. 

Intriguing couple of rounds ahead. Woffy is traditionally strong around Prague - can he come strong and get himself back into contention?  On the other hand, not a track that Zmarzlik seems to like!  But Lindgren seems to be the rider who is pulling out all the stops at the sharp end of meetings, which is critical under the new points system.

As usual you arrive with a personal vendetta. Numerous people discussed it.. and I didn't raise it.

As for complete nonsense, everything I have said is 100% factually correct.

You are right though, let's stick to the meeting.

Glad it is going ahead at Prague, may not be the best race track but does offer something different to the Polish tracks. I agree with you that it's a chance for Woffinden to post some big points although he'll need to be gating well.

Are the Anlas tires still banned?

11 hours ago, New Yorker said:

What "kind of thinking", and what SHOULD we be thinking?

3 hours ago, topaz325 said:

Energy drinks generally found to be unhealthy , can’t see the M drink being banned.

Water's unhealthy for you in excess...

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BWitcher said:

Are the Anlas tires still banned?

As far as I know, they are banned "until further notice"; there haven't been any statements to the contrary (at least not visible statements).

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Stick to the topic please and leave the covid discussion to that topic please.

Yes!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/15/2020 at 6:20 AM, HGould said:

Bydgoszcz  will be announced today I reckon (last logistical day to do it). 

Not the amount of virus in Czech Republic the issue but the concern that if 1 person gets tested positive over the weekend the Series Finale and PL in Poland are at risk.

Polish Federation dictates again.

Watch this space

Well, we're all watching......... 

• Haha 1

Friday`s Prague GP draw round 5

1 M. MICHELSEN 155  
2 T. WOFFINDEN 108  
3 V. MILIK 16  
4 B. ZMARZLIK 95  
5 E. SAYFUTDINOV 89  
6 M. ZAGAR 55  
7 P. DUDEK 692