British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Prague GP`s rounds 5 and 6 Friday and Saturday September 18th and 19th

8 minutes ago, tyler42 said:

I would say Tai had more of the rub. 8pts going into the semi. comes out with 18pts. Now that ain't a bad nights work.10 pts for two races! 

The difference for me is that zmarzlik is more hungry for it 

36 minutes ago, ytsejam said:

That’s exactly what I’m getting at....it’s a complete embarrassment of a system and totally tinpot and amateurish, not to mention, unfair!!!

It was no different with the old World Final system. Did you complain about that?

It was theoretically possibly for a rider to not only become World Champion, but to win every GP, and not even make Top 8 and qualify for this year. Did you complain about that?

And before you question me, yes, I have previously PROVEN that on here...

However, just because something is possible, we all know it will never happen.

10 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Are they not excluding anyone moving:blink:

Not Madsen, obviously. Not EVERY time, anyway!

7 minutes ago, chunky said:

Think he was making up for Madsen’s previous exclusion,it was very marginal,needed his slow -mo to confirm it;)

14 minutes ago, chunky said:

He got done in the semi, though. 

You could argue that he didn't deserve to be there but I'm not convinced by the exclusion in the semi.

He clearly anticipated the start but the slo-mo seemed to prove he didn't move until the tapes had been released...and by the rules (from my understanding) that is a legal start...You just have to be stationary until the tapes are released

14 minutes ago, chunky said:

It was no different with the old World Final system. Did you complain about that?

It was theoretically possibly for a rider to not only become World Champion, but to win every GP, and not even make Top 8 and qualify for this year. Did you complain about that?

And before you question me, yes, I have previously PROVEN that on here...

However, just because something is possible, we all know it will never happen.

Oh look, a hero alert!!!....Did I say that it was a perfect system in the past?.....but it was certainly a lot fairer and more professional than one where someone can win 6 races (18 points) on the night and end up going home with 14 whilst someone can score 12 points and go home with 18 or even 20!!! 
Don’t see how even a super fan like you can possibly argue that that is fair or a better system than has been used for many years prior to this one!!!!

Come on then PROVE that!!!

10 minutes ago, HenryW said:

He got done in the semi, though. 

You could argue that he didn't deserve to be there but I'm not convinced by the exclusion in the semi.

He clearly anticipated the start but the slo-mo seemed to prove he didn't move until the tapes had been released...and by the rules (from my understanding) that is a legal start...You just have to be stationary until the tapes are released

It was interesting the week before in Gorzow when Bartosz got 2 absolute flyers in the heats and they were considered perfect starts, It just no consistency in the decisions IMO.Better to just let them go if they don’t touch the tapes,we have the scenario when the rider has punished himself by moving, but that seems to Ok in the refs eyes and lets the race go, but IMO that could be off putting to the other riders who think the race should be called back.!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

It was interesting the week before in Gorzow when Bartosz got 2 absolute flyers in the heats and they were considered perfect starts, It just no consistency in the decisions IMO.Better to just let them go if they don’t touch the tapes,we have the scenario when the rider has punished himself by moving, but that seems to Ok in the refs eyes and lets the race go, but IMO that could be off putting to the other riders who think the race should be called back.!!

But the ref called back one of those starts and after watching the reply, Realised he had made a mistake. Whereas tonight Madsen jumped before the tapes went up and many times did he do that tonight? four out of six rides was it not!

28 minutes ago, ytsejam said:

Oh look, a hero alert!!!....Did I say that it was a perfect system in the past?.....but it was certainly a lot fairer and more professional than one where someone can win 6 races (18 points) on the night and end up going home with 14 whilst someone can score 12 points and go home with 18 or even 20!!! 
Don’t see how even a super fan like you can possibly argue that that is fair or a better system than has been used for many years prior to this one!!!!

Have you ever thought of reading - and comprehending - what was written, instead making nonsensical claims? I never said this was fairer, and I never said this was better, so don't put words in my mouth. I have stated on here (on multiple occasions) that I much preferred the system used in previous years. As I said though, it was possible to win every GP, and not finish in the Top 8. I will be back in a little while with all the figures for you.

In the meantime, you said that a rider could win the World Championship this year without winning a race the whole season. We all know that it was POSSIBLE to do that with the old world final system. You didn't have to win a race to get through the qualifying rounds. In the final itself, there were 120 points at stake, which gives an average per rider of 7.5 points. Therefore, anything ABOVE the average could win. Keeping it simple, a rider could finish with 10 points (five second places), which means that the average for the other 15 is 7.33. So, not only could the winner not need to win a race, he could win with points to spare.

So, why is this year so bad when it was possible before?

As I said, I will be back in a little while.

43 minutes ago, Scipio777 said:

i think we are all missing the point. zero racing. worst meetingI have seen this year, no question. awful

Truly, truly terrible. I'd recorded it cos I was out and I need to contact Virgin Media for a new remote as I've worn the fast forward button out! 

3 minutes ago, chunky said:

Have you ever thought of reading - and comprehending - what was written, instead making nonsensical claims? I never said this was fairer, and I never said this was better, so don't put words in my mouth. I have stated on here (on multiple occasions) that I much preferred the system used in previous years. As I said though, it was possible to win every GP, and not finish in the Top 8. I will be back in a little while with all the figures for you.

In the meantime, you said that a rider could win the World Championship this year without winning a race the whole season. We all know that it was POSSIBLE to do that with the old world final system. You didn't have to win a race to get through the qualifying rounds. In the final itself, there were 120 points at stake, which gives an average per rider of 7.5 points. Therefore, anything ABOVE the average could win. Keeping it simple, a rider could finish with 10 points (five second places), which means that the average for the other 15 is 7.33. So, not only could the winner not need to win a race, he could win with points to spare.

So, why is this year so bad when it was possible before?

As I said, I will be back in a little while.

Have YOU ever thought of actually reading my original post too where I said “How can someone who doesn't win a race ALL NIGHT end up with 18 points?!!!

it was someone else who said that theoretically someone could be World Champion without winning a race and I just agreed that yes, that could happy in theory. We all know it won’t in practice. My beef is that the new system is totally unfair, and that riders shouldn’t end the night with less or significantly more then they have earnt through the racing. 

So before you try being all big and clever again why don’t YOU actually a) read my posts and b) try to tell me how a system which means riders can go away with vastly different totals of points to what they have earned in 6 or 7 rides on the night is not a lot worse than the previous one used or fairer?

EVERY point a rider scores should matter and no one should end up with less than they have earned during their rides. 

And as for you analogy!!.What on earth is that all about? “In the final itself there are 120 points and a rider can finish with 10 points”....NO WINNER of any GP has ever done it scoring only 10 points on the night!!...You’re in utter cloud cuckoo land!! Even if they scraped through to the semis with 7 points from their 5 heats, to actually WIN the GP they would then need to get another 5 points minimum so the lowest they could ever actually won a GP with was 12 points on the night!! And that’s what they would take to the next round.......and it was FAIR.

1 hour ago, ytsejam said:

You might be horrified by a system that could allow a rider to win 5 races out of 6 (or 3 wins out of 4) and finish with 16 points, while a rider that had 2 lasts and 7 second places (or 1 last and 4 seconds) could get 20 points...But that was the SGP scoring system for 7 years.

During those 7 years, the rider that never won a race would have been world champion 6 times. Only the exceptional performance of Tony Rickardsson in 2001 would have prevented that (if my drunken counting is right!)

I'm not a fan of the scoring change this year, but there have been equally bad or worse systems in the past. The riders just have to adapt and make it work for them.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ytsejam said:

Have YOU ever thought of actually reading my original post too where I said “How can someone who doesn't win a race ALL NIGHT end up with 18 points?!!!

it was someone else who said that theoretically someone could be World Champion without winning a race and I just agreed that yes, that could happy in theory. We all know it won’t in practice. My beef is that the new system is totally unfair, and that riders shouldn’t end the night with less or significantly more then they have earnt through the racing. 

So before you try being all big and clever again why don’t YOU actually a) read my posts and b) try to tell me how a system which means riders can go away with vastly different totals of points to what they have earned in 6 or 7 rides on the night is not a lot worse than the previous one used or fairer?

EVERY point a rider scores should matter and no one should end up with less than they have earned during their rides. 

And as for you analogy!!.What on earth is that all about? “In the final itself there are 120 points and a rider can finish with 10 points”....NO WINNER of any GP has ever done it scoring only 10 points on the night!!...You’re in utter cloud cuckoo land!! Even if they scraped through to the semis with 7 points from their 5 heats, to actually WIN the GP they would then need to get another 5 points minimum so the lowest they could ever actually won a GP with was 12 points on the night!! And that’s what they would take to the next round.......and it was FAIR.

I never said anything it about being better or worse. You were the one who said it was. You complained that a rider COULD be World Champion this year without winning a race; I said you COULD have done that with the old World Final system. It doesn't matter that a winner of a GP HASN'T finished with 10 points on the night, and I was using that to illustrate that it was possible with the World Final system.

Referring to the anomalies of the 2020 GP system, I haven't been through all the possibilities.  However, with the previous system, it WAS possible for someone to win EVERY GP (yes, all ten) and not finish in the Top 8. That is FACT. To correct you, 12 was not the lowest possible winning score - a rider could qualify with 6 points (plus the semi and final).

Again, I have stated that I preferred the old system, but do YOU think it's fair that it was possible for a rider to do what I said? Just because something is possible, doesn't mean it will, and just because something HASN'T happened doesn't mean it won't. No system is perfect, despite what we may prefer, or what we may think.

18 minutes ago, HenryW said:

You might be horrified by a system that could allow a rider to win 5 races out of 6 (or 3 wins out of 4) and finish with 16 points, while a rider that had 2 lasts and 7 second places (or 1 last and 4 seconds) could get 20 points...But that was the SGP scoring system for 7 years.

During those 7 years, the rider that never won a race would have been world champion 6 times. Only the exceptional performance of Tony Rickardsson in 2001 would have prevented that (if my drunken counting is right!)

I'm not a fan of the scoring change this year, but there have been equally bad or worse systems in the past. The riders just have to adapt and make it work for them.

That was my point; every system flawed, but people don't think like that., Do you think it was fair that a rider could win every GP, and not even qualify for the following year? No, it was never going to happen, but...

Again, this year is the same for everyone, and the riders knew what it was like before they started the season.Like EVERY World Championship season previously...

• Like 2