British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Prague GP`s rounds 5 and 6 Friday and Saturday September 18th and 19th

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yes. And I am not a Jack Holder fan. Clearly better than Fricke. No way Lidsey. Gating tart who is currently no where near WC quality.. 

I like Jack Holder but he’s had one decent summer in Poland, Fricke deserves a chance to build on his progress. Doesn’t make finals next year then move onto the next. I’m sure Monster will have their plans though. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Clemens said:

You agree that the GPs need shaking up 

Its the WC series and they are the best. Whats there more to say about the riders.

I’m in the ”speedway is different” brigade and feel there is not a lot you can shake ATM. If the FIM really got MILLIONS more from the coming promoter, they should invest one to grassroots at FMN level to get more kids. It’ll take 5+ years to see the effects, but thats the biggest shake the sport needs.

• Like 2

Fricke is not good enough no matter how you look at it. Not in league. Not in GP.  I am not a fan of Hack Holder but if they want another Aussie it’s clear he is the pick. Head and shoulders over other Aussies at the mo.

12 minutes ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

Anyone else think Lindback could get a wild card for next year?

It would be sad if all of the riders next year were white.

Speedway is not diverse enough.

And to be fair his sponsors do get maximum exposure given he goes past each camera so slowly..

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

Anyone else think Lindback could get a wild card for next year?

It would be sad if all of the riders next year were white.

Speedway is not diverse enough.

:rofl:

When the other Swede qualified from the challenge, Lindbacks only chance to ride next year is to qualify. 

That heat proved my point. Fricke =Brady Kurtz. Kick him out.

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Fricke is not good enough no matter how you look at it. Not in league. Not in GP.  I am not a fan of Hack Holder but if they want another Aussie it’s clear he is the pick. Head and shoulders over other Aussies at the mo.

Will be interesting to see how Jack Holder goes in Toruń if he gets the wildcard. My point is that I just think it would be harsh on Fricke to only get one year when he qualified off his own back and didn’t get the chance of a ‘proper’ series. 

• Like 1

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

That heat proved my point. Fricke =Brady Kurtz. Kick him out.

Yeah, Fricke shouldn’t get a wildcard because he couldn’t beat Janowski and Lindgren, two GP winners this year.

He’s just not good enough. Been very poor in the Polish league as well. Wouldn’t be surprised if he forced to League one next season.

3 minutes ago, Speedway28 said:

Will be interesting to see how Jack Holder goes in Toruń if he gets the wildcard. My point is that I just think it would be harsh on Fricke to only get one year when he qualified off his own back and didn’t get the chance of a ‘proper’ series. 

Have you seen Jack Holders score in Extraleague? Worthy of a GP berth.

3 minutes ago, Speedway28 said:

Yeah, Fricke shouldn’t get a wildcard because he couldn’t beat Janowski and Lindgren, two GP winners this year.

But Jack Holder might have.  

This Gp not much better than last night. Become quite boring to be honest. Hope it livens up.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

Have you seen Jack Holders score in Extraleague? Worthy of a GP berth.

Yeah, I don’t disagree he’s done brilliantly. My point mainly was that I felt Fricke deserved another series and I believe he does. I wasn’t suggesting that Holder didn’t deserve a go but I would also suggest there could be room for both potentially, rather than one. As others have also mentioned, it does feel like the series needs a refresh. It’s all about opinions at the end of the day, sometimes people just won’t agree.

• Like 1

I am all for having anFriday qualifying round where riders in the top of the sport but not in the series can turn up to give it a go at qualifying.